Worst of Cozumel.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Almost forgot...one of the worst things to befall Cozumel was the closing of Joe's Bar and Grill, back on ave 10. Joe blew it up his nose but there are probably lots of us who had great times there, I seem to remember?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Almost forgot...one of the worst things to befall Cozumel was the closing of Joe's Bar and Grill, back on ave 10. Joe blew it up his nose but there are probably lots of us who had great times there, I seem to remember?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
I had some great times there. I remember one night in particular there was this band from Playa that had a trombonist who could have stood alongside Teagarden and Dorsey at their best.

Actually, when sober, I recall they had the best Cuban bands ever. I have often thought that when i grow rich from all you divers, I'll try to duplicate the old Joes. Any investors?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Actually, when sober, I recall they had the best Cuban bands ever. I have often thought that when i grow rich from all you divers, I'll try to duplicate the old Joes. Any investors?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Speaking of the nose, there's now another void in the marketplace to fill:

PLAYA DEL CARMEN , MX . - For transporting 33 kilos of pure cocaine in an airplane owned , with a value of one million dollars ( 13 million pesos) an Italian businessman with investments in this tourist resort , in hotels, restaurants, and fitness among others , was arrested by ICE agents with his son and son- in Metro Airport Baton Rouge, Louisiana , United States , when it was a stopover for refueling , and covered the route Weslaco , Tecxas and Atlanta , Georgia , round trip .

Vincenzo Salzano , 55 years old , his son, Armando Salzano , 32, both originally from Italy, and his son Mohammad Iman Nekouie , were arrested Wednesday afternoon in Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport , Louisiana, since in the review of the plane, a twin-engine Beechcraft 58P , agents of Immigration and Customs Enforcement United States (ICE acronym ) they found 38 packets of pure cocaine , made of black plastic bags were taken to jail and face charges of possession with intent to distribute cocaine .

Salzano and his brother Vincenzo Donato and Armando name their children arrived in Playa del Carmen about 15 years ago , and in partnership with some renowned local businessmen invested in hotels, restaurants ( Pummarola ) and gyms ( Evolve ) among others , from then were under suspicion of belonging to organized crime , however , no authority undertook any investigation against them , hence always presuming impunity that allows millionaires bribes to authorities.

Vincenzo Salzano , owner Beechcraft 58P twin engine plane has investments in Aurora , Colorado , United States , and review of the aircraft by ICE agents that led to his arrest of his son and son in law , for transporting 33 kilos of pure cocaine in Weslaco , Texas to Atlanta , Georgia , was in response to the notification of federal authorities who were tracking him , because they had the suspect carrying a large shipment of drugs , which was entered by road from Mexico , and tested positive for cocaine seized , which belongs to a cartel as yet unidentified, is valued at 13 million pesos.

In the "heart" of this pole tourist resort of Riviera Maya , on 24th Street between Fifth Avenue and Tenth Avenue , Salzano Italians have Pummarola restaurant , and is run in partnership with local businessman known opposite have Evolve branch gyms , others are on 6th Street between Avenues 30 and 35 in the Centro neighborhood , one in the Playa del Carmen Boulevard Benito Juarez avenue in Colonia Ejido , in addition to investments in hotels, condominiums, in other turns .

Finally , the arrest of Vincenzo Salzano , his son and his son Armando Salzano Nekouie Mohammad Iman , could lead to a broad investigation into organized crime and Mexican investors reach collaborating in the "laundering" of money , unfortunately crime authorities do not investigate , but had suspicions against Salzano family , who since coming to Playa del Carmen has been characterized by his arrogant way of behaving . ( Source : Por Esto! Quintana Roo )

72 pounds of cocaine found on small plane that stopped at Baton Rouge airport | NOLA.com

And your last: I almost had that problem when I was running around the square trying to find a churro vendor for the missus before they all left. Friend thought it was the funniest thing, searching for someone to sell me a 'churro.' Gotta love the local slang....

There is a guy that comes by our house as often as we like selling hot churros for 10 pesos each. I can taste them now but I will have to wait two more days!

Chris

---------- Post added October 17th, 2013 at 09:45 PM ----------

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Only if I can play the trumpet on stage when I am there!

---------- Post added October 17th, 2013 at 09:49 PM ----------

The fake Cuban's they hawk in the shops around the square? Used to wonder why the ones I bought there made me sick, till I had a real one. Now older and wiser, with a bit more ability to tell what's real and not, I don't bother with their fake cuban cigars sold in Cozumel anymore.

Havana Bob's, next to Wet Wendy's. You cannot go wrong here. Havana Bobs Cuban Cigars Cozumel Island Mexico

just returned from Mayan Riviera and took a day trip to Cozumel for 2 dives....i know is very little to go on but i seriously wouldn't consider going back, took us the better of the first dive to even see a fish lol

just returned from Mayan Riviera and took a day trip to Cozumel for 2 dives....i know is very little to go on but i seriously wouldn't consider going back, took us the better of the first dive to even see a fish lol

Are you being serious?

It is very difficult to find a bad dive in Cozumel...you must have picked the one and only crappy/cheap dive op. Probably got what you deserved or paid for.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

That dive does not sound like any dive I've done in Coz including diving in front of the Villa.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom