Worst of Cozumel.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just returned from Mayan Riviera and took a day trip to Cozumel for 2 dives....i know is very little to go on but i seriously wouldn't consider going back, took us the better of the first dive to even see a fish lol
Trollin', trollin', trollin'... :D

I am pretty sure he is joking. The LOL at the end is supposed to be a clue, I am pretty sure.
Yeah, I would hope that your right. I don't think that Cozumel has the highest reef fish population, but its still pretty darn good. I love the shark, ray, and turtle population myself.

Here I am at Scuba Club Cozumel with one of his scuba-themed T-shirts
155569_160266127350782_100001021886622_326888_1023784_n.jpg

It is very difficult to find a bad dive in Cozumel...you must have picked the one and only crappy/cheap dive op. Probably got what you deserved or paid for.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

not at all, Dressel is not exactly a cheap/unknown diving operation...but is nice of you to assume that
i don't like lifeless dives, beautiful healthy reef but can't stare at coral too long

and why would a cheap operation make any difference, is there a diving mafia out there that prohibit access to dive sites to the small ops? lol

and no i am not joking at all...we went to Palancar Gardens and Columbia Shallows

edit: just to add that no, those were not the only dives we did, i am comparing the 2 dives in Cozumel with the 10 we did near Playa del Carmen

we went to Palancar Gardens and Columbia Shallows

Not buying it. If you didn't see fish and at least a turtle at Gardens, or fish on Columbia Shallow, you are blind. This was in July at Columbia, and is typical...

file-13.jpg

But I guess if you don't come back, your loss...

once off the camera i'll post the uncut video of the dives and you tell me if i'm blind

that is what i am used to seeing in Mayan Riviera and definitely expected it here but no such luck, there was some but not as abundant, maybe all creatures were taking a siesta lol

---------- Post added October 21st, 2013 at 06:59 AM ----------

here's the uncut video from Palancar Gardens

don't get me wrong, i don't consider this "worst" of Cozumel, just didn't want to start a new thread

second dive in the Shallows had a lot more life then this site

---------- Post added October 21st, 2013 at 06:59 AM ----------
here's the uncut video from Palancar Gardens

I can see how that would be disappointing if you weren't into vegetation/macro life. But there still seemed to be a ton to look at.
I think it's good to see this though- sets realistic expectations.

Back
Top Bottom