Would You Use A Ponypak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't see what is so ingenious about this versus a slung bottle, and as mentioned what is the potential of this hitting you in the face upon water entry and even possibly exit.

How did they calculate it is perfectly weight balanced, everyone has a different body type and may use different size tanks

Also so what is the cost versus a normal sling kit and bottle? It would have to be quite lower to really sell.

I see a big liability issue now- they are stating that a second stage failure can never happen with their system what makes thier system so failure proof.

If it was second stage failure, switch to your main tank octo, save the pony as double redundant backup.

If it happens to your buddy......

First, this scenario will not occur with a “PonyPak buddy”

reg failures happen hoses burst if my buddy did run out of air and/or did rip my reg out of my mouth I will have a few choice words but not like this right away. Also if there was equipment failure I would first talk to my buddy and determine what happened not say this right away and have a deep discussion about what happened and why.

When you get to the surface......
.....the first thing you tell the buddy ...... whose life you just saved ........ you will never dive with them again.....

dumpsterDiver, there is a series of videos available on the web page. Just click on the video tab.

Personally I don't see any advantage over my current use of pony bottles

dumpsterDiver, there is a series of videos available on the web page. Just click on the video tab.

thanks I missed those videos. I watched two of them. Interesting!

Last On - First Off!

Tank mounted Pony's add substantailly to diver discomfort. Not with PonyPak. You attach it to your front torso last - which allows for easier water entry of any type. Similarly it is the first piece to remove. PonyPak is the best system ever designed to offer the safety and assurance that comes only with a fully redundant air sytem..

My 13 (which is large enough for me, but woefully inadequate for most divers) fits nicely on my tank band, comes with a quick disconnect so I can hand it off to another diver, and I never touch it. I check the pressure every few dives, otherwise I never touch it. I mean, I never touch it. It isn't first off, last on because it's always on, never off.

That, and I hate things dangling under my arm/in front of me. If I want some piece of gear hanging off my torso, I'll start underwater photography.

As Hickdive stated, this is a solution in search of a problem.

But good luck with it anyway. Maybe you can take over the contract to sell RASSes to NOAA. Those fools have to hang their pony in front too.

why does the BC not have an inflator hose on it?

I have one on my pony bottle when I'm diving vintage since there is nowhere to hook one on my Nimrod DH. The only thing I could see is that it makes it useful for monkey diving with a BC, but that seems a contradiction in terms.

Sounds expensive for cheap insurance.

Bob
-------------------------------------------------
There's A Sucker Born Every Minute. -- P T Barnum

I have one on my pony bottle when I'm diving vintage since there is nowhere to hook one on my Nimrod DH. The only thing I could see is that it makes it useful for monkey diving with a BC, but that seems a contradiction in terms.

Sounds expensive for cheap insurance.

Bob
-------------------------------------------------
There's A Sucker Born Every Minute. -- P T Barnum

Didn't the Fenzy have a small bottle mounted sideways?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom