Would You Use A Ponypak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What if you do not have a weight belt?

My pony (19), which I sling on the side, requires only two clips. It does not affect my trim.

When I climb up the ladder, hugging it so that a wave does not knock me off, I really do not want anything else in front of me. At the side it is out of the way.

This is just precious! From their website

"6) Because most divers swim with their knees lower than their waist, there is no interference in tight overhead environments. If ther is - simply rotate PonyPak temporarily to a side mount position."

WTF? Why the hell would anyone carrying this be in an overhead? Unless they want to check out. Permanently.

My guess is that casual recreational divers who aren't aware of the way in which advanced divers have long "slung" pony/deco bottles might buy one of these. If I were such a diver and bought one, and subsequently learned the conventional (and relatively low-cost) way of slinging a bottle, I think I would feel a bit cheated.

Its unanimous, slung pony. Someone went to a lot of trouble to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

"Doesn't exist" for the type of diver who reads SB, that is. A few clueless yokels will no doubt buy this contraption.

"Doesn't exist" for the type of diver who reads SB, that is. A few clueless yokels will no doubt buy this contraption.

Like SA, this too will land a few "suckers"....

This is just precious! From their website

"6) Because most divers swim with their knees lower than their waist, there is no interference in tight overhead environments. If ther is - simply rotate PonyPak temporarily to a side mount position."

WTF? Why the hell would anyone carrying this be in an overhead? Unless they want to check out. Permanently.

And who, in tight overhead environments, would be swimming with the knees lower than the waist?

Wow. I'm a little late seeing this. That is by far the biggest price of trash I have ever seen marketed to divers. What is worse is that some schmuck will probably buy it.

The created of this product is about as competent concerning diving as Diane Feinstein is about gun safety statistics.

Yep. And AMC made the Pacer and even sold a few but that doesn't make it right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom