Wrinkles July '06 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HBDiveGirl:
I'll bring my dark sunglasses in case the glare of the full moon threatens my retinas...:wink:
Ana is probably still suffering blind spots from the last Wrinkles Dive lunar display.

LOL...You are too funny!!!

It looks like I will be in for this one. I still am not 100% sure but i am like 75% sure :wink:

I will need a buddy though so hopefully some people are planning to stay over saturday night (like me) so i have someone to dive with ...that is if ofcourse i can become 25 % more sure.

Dr. Bill it wouldnt be funny it would be SAD if you could not make it!!!

Ana

I've just confirmed my reservation for the Seaport Village Inn.

Take into account the fact that it includes 2 round trip tickets on the Catalina Express, the transportation for 2 to and from the Catalina Express and the Dive Park, Champagne upon arrival, a full breakfast each morning (we're not talking about a little continental breakfast), holding your gear until your departure and dropping it off at the Catalina Express when you are ready for it. Their rate on a standard room with all of this is only $366 plus tax. If you share a room with someone that's only $183 per person!

When I total that up with a stay at the Hermosa, staying here is actually less expensive! Consider this... the Catalina Express is now $55.50 and staying at the Hermosa for 2 nights would be $100. That's $155.50. So figure you get champagne, breakfast for 2 mornings and transportation for $13.75 each.

It will be my first stay with them. I'm exploring the possibility of staying with them as a group in November when we go back. Since this is their high season, I was unable to work out any discounts for us on this trip.

If you call to stay here in July, mention Christian or ScubaBoard and they will try to get you a room on the ground floor and near the Jaccuzzi and Gear Rinsing area.

It would be very cool if we had a nice little crowd staying here to show them what a great group we are.

The number there is (310) 510-0344.

Christian

I am so in for this trip. Currently going back on Sat. SOMEONE is trying to get me to stay until Sunday... we'll see.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
I am so in for this trip. Currently going back on Sat. SOMEONE is trying to get me to stay until Sunday... we'll see.

---
Ken

You have something better planned then diving at Catalina on Sunday??
I'll need help trying out my new BP/W

scubainspired and I will be on the 6:15am boat on July 8.

Any chance of getting to dive the Valiant before it gets crowded? See you all there.

Phil

TeqP:
scubainspired and I will be on the 6:15am boat on July 8.

Any chance of getting to dive the Valiant before it gets crowded? See you all there.

Phil

Hey Phil,

I'm planning on diving the Valiant either Saturday or Sunday morning, or both. I'm sure it won't be to crowded :D

I'll be on the 6:15 on July 8th. Probably take a late boat back that night. Guess I should make reservations....

Glycerin:
Hey Phil,

I'm planning on diving the Valiant either Saturday or Sunday morning, or both. I'm sure it won't be too crowded
Josh,
I'm hoping that it won't be crowded with boats, but it will be just after the 4th, so you never know.
Is anyone planning on heading to the pier to get permission to do the dive? If they are, if Thomas and I can get on names on the list as well, that would be great. If not, when I arrive on Saturday, I can stop by to get permission and people's names on the list. Let me know.

Phil

TeqP:
Josh,
I'm hoping that it won't be crowded with boats, but it will be just after the 4th, so you never know.
Is anyone planning on heading to the pier to get permission to do the dive? If they are, if Thomas and I can get on names on the list as well, that would be great. If not, when I arrive on Saturday, I can stop by to get permission and people's names on the list. Let me know.

Phil

I'm sure someone will be going to the pier for permission. PM me your full names and I'll make sure you get on the list

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom