Wrinkles June '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - Laguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christian,
I'm from Austin,Tx (a former Bay Area resident) and will be SD on the 10th. If you dont mind out-of-towners joining, I'd like to attend and do some diving while I'm at it ;-) Put me down for burger patties. I'll pick up a bag from Costco.

subzero:
Christian,
I'm from Austin,Tx (a former Bay Area resident) and will be SD on the 10th. If you dont mind out-of-towners joining, I'd like to attend and do some diving while I'm at it ;-) Put me down for burger patties. I'll pick up a bag from Costco.
We love it when out-of-towners come to the Wrinkles Dives. That's one of the reasons that we started to schedule these dives so far in advance with fixed locations. So that people from around the world could schedule their trips and destinations to SoCal in a way that allows them to meet us and do some dives with us.

You may already know this, but from SD you've got about an hour and a half drive to Laguna Beach.

We'll look forward to meeting you on the Saturday the 11th!

Christian

Subzero, I noticed you dove in Cebu, Philippines. I'm gonna need details. We're probably going to Philippines this year sometime, and were thinking of a trip to Cebu. You'll have to fill me in.

I'll get the dogs and buns.

In my limited research of the June Wrinkles Dive I have noticed that there are three spots to dive by Heisler Park; Divers Cove, Picnic beach, and Rock Beach. In past Wrinkles events were we able to hit up all three? If not, which spot will we be exploring? Within reason, is it possible to walk to all three from the picnic area?

scubainspired:
In my limited research of the June Wrinkles Dive I have noticed that there are three spots to dive by Heisler Park; Divers Cove, Picnic beach, and Rock Beach. In past Wrinkles events were we able to hit up all three? If not, which spot will we be exploring? Within reason, is it possible to walk to all three from the picnic area?

The November Wrinkles dive when we were in Heisler Park we started with a dive at Crescent Bay (Deadman's). We drove down and parked there in a carpool manner. You can walk back, but with dive gear it would be a bit much. But as I remember there was not a problem in getting a parking space at Heisler after that early morning dive (although some people were at meters and forgot to feed them :11: ).

jennifer

I'm in!! As long as no one minds a newly certified, shore diving "virgin" (Wow haven't referred to myself as a "virgin" in.....months :wink: ). I'm trying to get someone to join me on the trip over, my black lab isn't much of a conversationalist and she's always trying to change the radio station :D

I'll bring a bag of charcoal and some fluid.

Also, if anyone is up for another dive or two on Sunday, in the same of different area, if I'm gonna make the 12 hr. drive (rd. trip), I'd like to get in as much diving as possible.

Thanks,
Garrett

mccabejc:
Subzero, I noticed you dove in Cebu, Philippines. I'm gonna need details. We're probably going to Philippines this year sometime, and were thinking of a trip to Cebu. You'll have to fill me in.
Jim,
Just sent you a private message. Email or IM me if you have any other questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom