x-shorts? whos got 'em?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, we actually called Ben, because the company is located not far from our house, and asked if we could come and pick them up. He said, "sure", so we drove to shoreline. The door was opened by two very pleasant men, one of whom turned out to be Andrew Georgitsis. We spoke briefly about the recently released DVDs, and we were told there was a free DVD in our package. It was a promotional piece on the scooters . . . And although rocketing around underwater is not my goal, you could sure see how under certain circumstances, it could be great fun.

Got mine today!! No problems. Package came with the scooter dvd (oh great, another thing to save up for) and a neoprene mask strap. The shorts are great! Cant wait to try them over the drysuit. No worries people. This ebay seller gets an A+++ from me!

So AG is selling X-shorts at 1/4 of retail price if you order them through ebay but not through 5th-D? Are these blems?

Just a little confused.

-V

Yes. it is blems......

BTW, where can I see their scooter in mid-west? Is there any dealer for their scooter?

That's it - I'm calling these guys tomorrow...

:sulkoff:

---
Ken

Mine arrived today. Each the correct size. With the disk, and mask strap. All for the price agreed upon. I'm happy as a clam! :)

Mark Vlahos

Good utility, good deal purchased at 1/4 of retail --however, they're not very durable. Problems with pockets ripping, seams unraveling and crotch area pilling & wearing-out thin. And I've only used them for tropical trips wearing over a thin wetsuit, with a total of 40 dives before noticing the above problems. Can be repaired "in the field" though if you're handy with needle & thread. . .

Wow, they still have 37.............

Just got mine today with a nice mask (comfort) strap thrown in. I was a little worried the medium might be too tight for me but they actually fit perfectly over a 5mm wetsuit. Snug, comfortable, and I can squat without noticing any added resistance. They (the medium, not the small) are missing the string to tighten the waist band though, but it's pretty easy to replace.

The pockets are nice too. They are slightly smaller and less sturdier versions of the glue-on x-pockets I paid $40 per piece for previsouly to use with my drysuit. They have the same velcro on the side as the x-pockets, which can be used to flatten them when empty.

I suppose if the shorts don't fit, then someone could just cut out the pockets and glue them onto their wetsuit or drysuit - though I'm not sure how well that would work, specifically not sure how good the short/base material would be for glueing. Great value all the same - maybe I should have bought more and then sold them here for double price once the ebay seller runs out...

Back
Top Bottom