Yea, Dive Rite is better, but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

harpstr

Reaction score
Had to choose between the OMS IQ system and the Dive Rite harness. Called Dive Rite to ask about specs on their systems...got a guy named Dyson on the phone who spoke with me for 20 minutes about the Dive Rite systems. I then called OMS and was told that they wont talk to customers at all! So my decision was made, buy Dive Rite. The problem was that my LDS had a blowout special on one last OMS rig and no Dive Rite products in stock...I had no choice...I am now the owner of an OMS IQ system. Having said that, with more time and money I will buy Dive Rite. Thanks Dyson for all the time you spent with me. In the future, I'll be back. Your company is the best.

Wow, a company lets you down, and you still support them??? I would be ebaying that IQ pack asap, and getting the Dive Rite system. How can you sleep at nite???

It all comes down to bill$$$$$$$$$$, at least for me. More money = more diving

Yep, it was a total money and availability thing. Maybe we know why I had to sweep away the spider webs from the OMS stuff. Oh well when I have more time ande $ if will go Diver Rite.

with you about the money thing.
I have a back inflate Balance right now but
wanted to buy BP/wings but got the Balance
for a good deal, so I went with it.

Huh. I guess my convictions are a little more solid than that. Money isnt everything to me. Customer service is #1 in my book.

Did you tell OMS that you just spoke to Dive Rite about the IQ pack?

Yes...they said that they didnt offer any advice or guidance or sizing info or anything because of the law suite issue. I said "Dive Rite" didn't mind helping, and she said they weren't Dive Rite.

Ok...talking about it is making me sick. I am going to go dive and forget my troubles!

You know, there are other companies besides OMS and Dive Rite.

harpstr:
Oh well when I have more time ande $ if will go Diver Rite.
The cheapest purchase is one that you do only once.

There's nothing more expensive than incremental upgrading.

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom