You have one dive on Grand Cayman before you die, what site would you dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t-mac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've found lots of posts on favorite resorts, where to shore dive, night dives on the Kittiwake, etc. but not really a list of the very best dive sites on Grand Cayman, so that's basically what I'm looking for. Which dive site is your favorite and why? Thanks.

The wall. There is nothing like hanging at 100' fsw, looking at a vertical wall going up, then looking down at what appears to be an abyss below you. The viz makes the depths just stunning, and gives you a little bit of vertigo. What was also cool was all the sealife swimming up and down the wall, disappearing gradually into the blue. I know this isn't an exact spot, but anywhere diving the wall would be awesome.

Last edited:
The Kittiwake. It was my last dive before we left. As we were leaving the Kittiwake and headed back toward the boat and lone grouper came swimming by below me with a school of yellowtail following him. Fantastic!

PICT0113.jpg

You have one dive on Grand Cayman before you die, what site would you dive?

If you were on Grand Cayman you would go to the airport and book a flight to Little Cayman, once on Little Cayman you would request to dive somewhere on Bloody Bay wall, perhaps where Jacksons Bight and Bloody Bay wall intersect at "Mixing Bowl", not to say that there is a better spot to dive on Bloody Bay, they are all pretty much great.
On Grand Cayman it would be the best on the north wall.
Grand Cayman's north wall looks like this from Rum Point:
Image550.jpg

All along 7MB - the place is over-dived & snorkeled - the only interesting dives are the Kittywake & "Doctor" wrecks, both are shallow.

From doing all the "touristy" dives last March - I can only recommend Stingray City.

My next trip there I plan to dive the East coast & North (Rum Point). Simply because they are far away from where the tourists stay and the cruise boats arrive.

I would say the Babylon - McCurly's Wall area since that's my wife's favorite and when mama's happy, everyone's happy.

I had the chance to do a "drift" dive along the South side in the Bodden Town area,it was one of the more interesting dives because of the different topography and the wall stared much deeper in certain areas.This is not an area that has seen divers so it was pristine .Drift dive is really not the correct term more like meander dive because there was no current we swam along the edge with the boat following us.

In June and July the island is inundated with millions of tiny little fish know as Silversides. From Ironshore Gardens in East End to Trinity Caves in West Bay, you will never go wrong with a Silver Side dive!

Silver Sides! - YouTube

Babylon and I think the other site name is Old 42 or something. Both were spectacular.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom