You know you are a beginner when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know you're a beginner diver when someone tells you they can use their fins to go backwards and you think they are pulling your leg.

When you think that the more someone resembles a Christmas tree, the more experienced/advanced a diver they must be.

When you think that post count indicates quality of information provided.

When you think that just become someone is certified as a DM etc. that they actually know what they are talking about.

When you think that certification agency is more important than quality of instruction/instructor.

When you think that those guys who dive (pick one or more):
- in caves
- inside wrecks
- on helium
- with gear that costs more than your car
- under the ice
- with sharks (or other "scary" sea creature)

...are nuts!

When your best friend on the board isn't the search button... :D

when you get on the boat and strap your brandy new stuff to that really cool big tank later to discover that the reason it was the biggest is because it doesn't belong to the boat but to somebody named 'shirly'.

Codyjp:
when you get on the boat and strap your brandy new stuff to that really cool big tank later to discover that the reason it was the biggest is because it doesn't belong to the boat but to somebody named 'shirly'.
Sounds familiar but I think it said "STRONG"!! He he he! Hi Codyjp!

kelphelper:
Sounds familiar but I think it said "STRONG"!! He he he! Hi Codyjp!

yeah, well, i thought i wouldn't say names... did i mention the part about getting pulled over in the parking lot? geezzz. these new guys!! unbelievable. but you will be glad to know none of those things have happened again though.

i was fairly proficient with putting my rig on while it was still bungied in to the rack while in the keys. i would be the last one to fall out of my seat though!

ClayJar:
...you think only crazy people play ScubUNO. :D

Yet another reason for always carrying a spool and SMB (just don't pull it up to the surface too quickly).

You know your (me) a beginner when you have a console computer that the dive shop sold you that you knew nothing about when you bought it..

hence, the spool and SMB would not work. :D

<------- you know your a beginner when you cant wait till your next dive trip so you can change your logged dives to 50 - 100 dives

you're a beginner when you think diver's supply (or similar) sells everything you could possibly ever want...

When the captain asks you wether you suck or blow upon entry, and you answer.

CBulla:
You know your a beginner when the instructor says "Make sure you have your fins on the right feet" and you take the time to look and see if they are really Left and Right foot fins....

I dove with a guy in Florida one time that has "L" & "R" written on the bottom of his fins, he PURPOSELY puts them on the wrong feet to mess with people (hence me asking him:D )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom