Your fellow SBer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More than a few Red. Now THAT would make this very interesting...:D

I had a cool poll set up....but I guess I messed up that--GEE,,,sorry.

For me I find most of the folks on SB very pleasant and truly wanting to be helpful. Most everyone is here for similar reasons,,,sharing about diving in one form or another. Every forum will have its know-it-alls,,,internet diver and toilet-bowl divers. But those are pretty easy to identify after a few of their posts. I have had through this board the opt, to hook-up with some fine divers and nice folks,,,this has been a wonderful benifit. On the other hand I have encountered a few of those bad-apple types also. Sorry my POLL did not work out......well back to SB Operations 101. :)

I do try to read all the posts in a thread, even if I'm not too fond of a particular poster. Everyone has something to add (even if I don't agree with them)!

Where is Fish Whisperer when you need him? :wink:

Gidds once called certain SBers "a roving band of bored adults." :D

Dennis I see you and Red both have been on the thread posting,,,,but neither of you have contributed??? Lets hear your take.............. :-0

I am with Texdiveguy and others in that SB, like most communities on or offline, has all kinds. One plus of an online community is the iggy button for those who you really don't care to hear from :wink:

I think SB is better than average for both on and offline communities as far as total number of jerks & posers go. While there may be some I don't agree with, most can 'agree to disagree' without becoming offended or offensive. And there are many whose opinions I value even if I don't agree very often, they help provide different perspectives and get me thinking outside of 'my' box. Also, there are many who have tons of invaluable experience and are willing to share it with us, a priceless resource.

Some SB'rs I know thru online posts only, but feel I have pretty good idea of what the're about and look forward to both meeting and diving with them. A limited few I would not, but that would be a very few and not include everyone I have on iggy.

The SB'rs I have met personally have all been wonderful, but are mostly fellow swampers so maybe that is a Texas thing rather than an SB thing :wink: :D but I think and hope not.

just my 2psi...
Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom