Your Personality...

Would you be the person you are today without diving?

• Yes

Votes: 101 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 115 53.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I've been accused of not having a personality, :) but that's another story. Diving fits me well. I'm deliberate, cautious and dive by the rules. Like Dave, diving has allowed me to meet some quite interesting people in some fairly exotic locations. :tree: Bob

Since I started diving, diving has become an important part of my life. Nevertheless, not diving would not change my personality. I do and enjoy many other things.

Ari :)

I would be the person I am today with the exception of not being a certified diver.(duh) If I were not a diver, I would have pursued my second life dream of playing spoons for the dixie chicks. I think we all know the correct decision.

Forgive me but I do like this question a great deal. I have been a "work absorbed" person for many years. (I make my living in the arts). I am-and have been,too much envolved with "art" for years to take a look around and see what other things are avaliable to the citizens of the earth. As a sucesssfull artist I spent almost all my time trying to make sure that the NY Times did not mis-quote me or otherwise bash my latest gig. Then I discoverd diving..... Now, I love the fact that I have friends that do other things beyond the arts (construction, doctors, marketing people, sell shoes, fix telephones, whatever...these are people who make the world go round). So, I can say that diving has changed me a great deal. I finaly have friends that don't give a rats A@SS what the papers say. Underwater we all all judged by our skill and ability to extend enjoyement to others. Above ground it is still kill or be killed by the press. I prefer underwater....

I apologize for not taking the question seriously at first.

I am a diver. I love diving, and consider it my favorite of many hobbies. I read dive books, magazines, misc. articles and Scubaboard posts to try to become a more educated diver. I hang out and help at my LDS a few days a month. Do I envision myself diving for the rest of my healthy life? Yes, I do. Has diving changed me as person? I don't think so. Fatherhood has though.

My life if I hadnt started diving :
- Still living with my parents or living in Bournemouth
- Studying for a Media Studies degree
- Being broke

My life with diving:
- Live with Belushi
- Studying an FE Level in Law
- Broke but work hard to be broke
- Am engaged to be married (god knows when!)
- Long to be cold wet and enjoy it !

And I do believe diving has changed my personality - not directly but through the things diving has introduced me to.

or who I am as a person. But I can say that it has truly enriched my life and introduced me to a world that I never knew existed before. It has also 'hooked' me to where I love it so much, I would be happy to do it all of the time if I could. I have met wonderful people, shared great experiences, and learned a heck of a lot. And I have also noticed that people that do not dive, have no clue what I am so excited about. They just don't get it. LOL

I answered no...

I would have waaayyy more money.

I would also have no desire to move to a place called Bonaire..who in their right mind would want to live near wild donkeys?

:chin:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom