Zeagle Flathead 7 VS Scuba Pro MK25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linedog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking at getting a new reg set. Narrowed it down to the Flat 7 and a MK25 I know this is a Zeagle forum. but any thoughts?

How cold is the water you are diving in? Up here in the great lakes, Mk25's are not so affectionately referred to as "scuba flows" because of their habit of having ugly freeflows in cold water. The Flathead's (or even the DSV's) are brilliant cold water regs, that will handle anything and everything you can throw at them, cold or warm, shallow or deep.

Cheers,
Jim

Hummm, waters bout 45-55 otherwise I stay home.

Personally I've seen several reg free flows from various manufacturers on our dive boat, in conditions that match those temps. I'd be pretty cautious of using a piston reg in those temps.

One other question, do you have any intentions of doing your own maintenance on your regs? If so, stay away from Scubapro. They are very hard to get parts for unless you work for a shop. Zeagle repair parts are very very easy to purchase.

No piston regs for me for waters that cold. I have two buddies the dive MK 25's and both have to baby their 25's when we go deep and cold. It kinda freaks me out. But we are on doubles so I can take care of myself.

You are in a in scuba manufacturers Q & A forum asking for a comparison on a competing regulator.

It doesn't get more biased than that.

For being a Florida based dive shop, we get a surprising number of Canadian and Great Lakes area Zeagle regulators to service each year and we just don't get complaints of free flows or freeze ups. It's just not an issue for us anyway.

Hey Scott, post that picture of the guy popping out of the ice sheet with the Zeagle regs mounted on the H valve.

No issues do understand, just felt that the initial question by OP wasnt really answered and I am 1 that has the same Question. And I have been considering the Flathead7/ Z combo.

No issues do understand, just felt that the initial question by OP wasnt really answered and I am 1 that has the same Question. And I have been considering the Flathead7/ Z combo.

You are not going to find a more easier breathing reg. than the zeagle line. I have the 50d and the envoy as my back up, wow! what a nice reg, breaths at depth , like it does at 20feet. Warr. is also a big thing to me.They stand behind there product, as long as you stay on top of it with service. Also for cold water , no issues here with free flow or anything else. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom