Zeagle N2ition 3 Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is the gap. Its just bigger on the left side than the right. The screws are all tight, its just the one side shows a little more. Must be the grey top half is just a little kitty-wompus (is that a word?) and doesn't look like a mechanical problem. Sorry for the sizes....

The pic makes it look like its cracked on the right side of the gap, but its only the reflection on the clear plastic underneath...there are no cracks.
P5050052.jpg

Here is the right side..;
P5050053.jpg

I agree. The gap looks larger than normal. I checked mine and while one side is slightly larger I couldn't get a finger nail in either side.

I don't have a torx bit on hand small enough to take a look but I don't think that the dark gray half is part of the sealing system so it might be a manufacturing variance.

I'm going to leave this one on Scott ask him to check a few of the computers for differing gaps in the case. He can make the call if you should wet it or not.

Ok, I figured it out, and I think you may see this in the future. I took out the screen protector and the grey bezel actually snapped back down into place with little effort. In the top picture in the middle of the gap you can see a rectangle, that must be the groove for the tab on the grey bezel.

Though there is SOME room for the protector, I think while putting the Zeagle protector in the first time caused the tab to come out of the groove and the thickness of the protector wouldn't allow it to snap back. I shaved a little meat off the length of the protector edge where it goes under the bezel and it slid in just fine and the bezel stayed put. Just an FYI.

The part that is leaving the gap is just a cover. The entire thing can be removed if you try hard enough - it just snaps on and off!

I have taken apart dozens of these, and I can honestly tell you that the gap means NOTHING. You can use the computer with that entire grey cover removed and it will still work just fine!

If it makes you feel better, try to work the cover off, then snap it back on. It could very well "fix" the issue.

Thanks!

Scott

Any more feeback on that nice piece of equipment.... I love mine ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom