zeagle tech question, PLEASE HELP ME

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you think there is something wrong with the BC, take it to your local Zeagle dealer and they can have a look at it. If there is indeed something that needs to be fixed, they can arrange to have it done for you.

Thanks (and Happy Thanksgiving)

Scott

The Kraken:
Hey, BCsean,
Keep it. You can remove the wing and use it for doubles.

That's an awfully expensive wing, and then I'm stuck with a jacket, weight pouches, lead, that I won't ever need. I'm going to be going with a 55# explorer and a new bp when I go doubles.

scubachris82:
The point where the wing attaches to the harness is extremely loose. I've tried tightening it up, but halfway through the dive it loosens again. This is a pain in the butt, as my tank rolls around on my back during the dive. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if they do, what they did about it.

Not sure from your description what part is loose so I'll lay out a few things.

The stock and big bertha bladders attach using straps that pass through the backplate webbing assembly and then through a metal buckle. If that's the portion that you are having problems with you may have the buckle incorrectly threaded. On mine, the strap is threaded through the buckle and then doubled back through the first slot, so it can't loosen off.

I have never noticed a single tank 'rolling around'. I suppose if the cam straps were installed incorrectly that might happen. The proper cam strap threading is in the owners manual which you can download from www.zeagle.com.

Scott Zeagle could probably help you further.

scubachris82,

Zeagle has changed the way the bladders attach to the vest over the past few years, so it's possible you could have one from three, (that I recall), slightly different attachment methods.
1. The longest running hardware in use during this period was a black tri-bar and a woven strap.
2. For a short time they switched to a stainless steel tri-bar and the woven strap.
3. The current hardware in use is a stainless steel tri-bar on both sides, with another stainless steel tri-bar on each end of a strap that inserts through the bladder attached tri-bars.
Only the #2. hardware sometimes slipped. Zeagle will of course repair it if that's the case. The result of a strap slipping through the SS tri-bar was the wing coming loose, which you would surely notice, not really a tank roll as you descibed. So I'm still a little confused about the problem too.
I hope this helps.

As Scott said, take it to a local dealer for evaluation.

Thanks,

Chad Carney
FL Zeagle Sales
cubera@ij.net
727-423-7775

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom