zero tollerence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkipperJohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
How do you guys handle surprises like a fare breaking out a joint or something like that?
Around 6 years ago a fare noticed my sign about absolutely no drugs. He asked me if i was serious and would be ok with a few joints (which he added he would share). I told him "no way" and explained how I could lose my boat if even a single seed if found on board.
I wondered what would have happened if he didn't ask and then took it out while at sea (it may be important to note we were not diving, this was a fishing trip).
He told me he would put it in his car. I later found out he smoked it in the car before we left. I wasn't even too sure how I felt about that. I did keep an eye on him and he seemed fine the rest of the day.

on a side note, That same guy now has his license and does charter fishing for a living.

Personally, I dont even like passengers bringing beer aboard. I will permit a limited amount, but anything more than a few cans per person spells trouble to me.

I have a big red "ZERO TOLERANCE" sign fastened to the bulkhead over the cabin entrnce. My policy is also spelled out in a list of "Rules" printed in bold type on the back of the waiver each passenger signs. If I ever caught someone with drugs aboard I would have them arrested.

We have a zero tolerance policy for drugs on board but that is not a big problem over here- very hard to find in Japan. Beer on the other hand is allowed. We generally don't limit the quantity but we have shut some people off before while fishing. On diving charters beer is allowed on the way back to port only- once you crack a cold one your diving day is over- we have not had any arguments or problems with this rule so far.

I have a big red "ZERO TOLERANCE" sign fastened to the bulkhead over the cabin entrnce. My policy is also spelled out in a list of "Rules" printed in bold type on the back of the waiver each passenger signs. If I ever caught someone with drugs aboard I would have them arrested.

i agree but what if you knew they got high just before stepping abord?

i agree but what if you knew they got high just before stepping abord?

How would one know if a passenger took somthing just before boarding? I doubt that they would volunteer that information. If they were obviously "under the influence" I just would not allow them to board.

Agree, people under the influence cannot pay attention to briefings, or be relied on to follow directions and requests. So they should be refused boarding.

I had 2 snorkellers light up a joint on the bow of my boat one afternoon. I casually went to the bow & asked them ***? They acted surprised that I even cared, I ask for the joint....one guy passed it to me & I threw it overboard.

They were pissed....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom