Cold Water Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum

Dive Bum Wannabe
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It*'s time for use to be looking for computers for myself and my wife. Our local diving is in Maine and that means gloves and 7mm wet / dry suits. So I'm looking for a model that will work well here. I'm sure whatever that is should be adpable in milder vacation waters. There's not a lot inventory to look at around here and websites don't do much to put sizes in perspective.

* Easy to get at buttons that are glove friendly.
* Buttons that won't easilly get tripped by glove cuffs and such. (if I don't lock my helix DM it does all sorts of stuff)
* A wrist strap that will span the full range of dive suits.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Pete

I've been using a Tusa IQ 800 for a couple of months now, and I've been quite happy with it.

On my cold dives here in the Puget Sound, the mode button is easily accessible with gloves, and never accidentally triggered.

This model has the vibration alert option, which works quite well even through the sleeve of my 7ml. suit. It's also nice to be able to distinguish yourself from all the beeping ascent rate indicators of other divers when in a large group.

I had no problems with it during a recent trip to Oahu, 10 dives and all went well. It has a large, flat screen, easily read, easy to program my Nitrox functions.

Cheers,

Steve

I use a Nitek 3, the buttons work well with thick gloves, and I have no problem seeing the numbers. I dive dry and in water temps from 38-58 range. I know that diverite does not make the Nitek 3 anymore, so the next one will be the HE. But I have had great luck with the Nitek.

Good Luck,

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom