What brand does your LDS sell most?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulB

Contributor
Reaction score
I know a lot of LDS's sell one or two, maybe three brands of scuba gear and that is it. What are the major brands that your LDS sells?

PaulB once bubbled...
I know a lot of LDS's sell one or two, maybe three brands of scuba gear and that is it. What are the major brands that your LDS sells?

Of course the reason that shops carry a limited number of brands is the minimum annual sales requirements. The last time I talked to scubapro they wanted an opening order of $18,000 and that is the minimum you must buy each year. They also warned me that they expected that to go up and if it didn't they might decide to drop me as a dealer. I got the same story fro Aqualung the only difference way they aonly wanted about $13,000 for an opening order. Needless to say you won'r see anything from either of those companies in my store.

The major brands in our LDS include (not being the owner or working for them, I just know what I see on the shelves): Aqualung, Atomic, Scubapro, Seaquest (w/ Suunto computers being 90 percent or so want they sell for d.c.'s) , Henderson wetsuits, Andy's drysuits and recently Dive-Rite. I don't want to count all of the accessory items.

PaulB once bubbled...

1) Scubapro (which we sell two to one)
2) Sherwood (we can do a significant discount but I am not a huge fan of the brand)
3) Oceanic

Those are our big 3

Hmmm, where to start. Most of the shops in my area carry a somewhat more limited selection though usually with 2 or 3 standout brands such as Atomic Scuba Pro, or Aqualung. There is one shop locally that seems to carry just about anything you might be looking for. They carry Scuba Pro, Apeks, Aqualung, Sea Quest, Suunto, Uwatec, Deep Outdoors, OMS, Drager, Sherwood Genesis, Xcel, and a whole bunch more. They don't always keep a large stock of some brands on hand but they can always get it in a hurry.

Scubapro & Oceanic.

I don't often see the Aqualung & Scubapro lines together in the same shop unless the shop does a high volume business.

Halcyon BP's, lights, reels, etc...
Seaquest BC's
Dive-Rite
Apeks Regs
Aqualung Regs
DUI and Andy's drysuits
Seaquest and Parkway neoprene
IDI and Cressi fins

I've got no clue who makes the masks or accessories.

ScubaPro and Zeagle BC's & Regs. Suunto & Uwatec computers. Wetsuits and accessories - masks, fins, etc - are mainly ScubaPro. Luxfer tanks. UK Lights. And of course the ubiquitous Trident doodads.

Back
Top Bottom