Malta or Red sea liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi!!

I am thinking about going to malta(and gozo) or red sea about after 2 weeks. I have about 12-13 days for diving holidays.
I have been thinking about this for a long time but really cannot decide where to go.

I searched some pictures of malta and gozo, and though I am not that into historic sites I think I could have some nice time there, as there're things to see when I'm not diving. Also as I've never been to malta before, I think it's nice to try to go to somewhere I haven't been yet.

I went to egypt last year, dove in hurghada, sharm el sheikh and dahab, also been to marsa alam. Diving was really great, really liked marsa alam(abu dabab, samadai, elphinstone..) and also the thislegorm and ras mohammed national park.
So this time, well I'd like to go further south. If I decide to go to egypt then I'll participate in the liveaboard(Daedalus, zabargad, and rocky islands I think..)

Well here, the problem is

Egypt :

Liveaboad costs much more than diving in malta I think, not to mention about the liveaboard fare itself but flight fare from london to egypt is not so cheap as I expected. I think it's because I am in hurry, I should have booked months before.. Anyway I think I could manage to pay the money..
Cannot help thinking that with that money i could dive more in malta and maybe could try to eat some nice food :)

However as long as diving is okay, won't regret about money.
I really liked diving in egypt and as I have some friends there I'd also want to meet them if I go to egypt. Really miss them!

Malta :

Well I am not a great fan of wrecks but anyway I don't care about it much as long as it's nice. I think I like seeing fishes more but wrecks are fine also as long as the diving is okay.
Haven't been there yet so I have kind of anticipation about malta.

Little worried cause what if I don't like diving in malta and keep regretting about my decision.

Both are far from where I live and I am still a student so I have no idea when I could have another chances to visit both countries, so I really want to make good decision.
I am travelling right now and going to leave to another country where internet is restricted most of the regions tomorrow early in the morning..
So I'd like to decide as soon as possible!!

Please help me!!!!!!

malta and gozo are great but they are not even close to the red sea as far as the environment marine life they are great in the red sea but malta gozo have not got any reef or real marine life similarto the red sea but they do speak English'
Red Sea would be my first choice..... I have worked and lived in both places

Thanks! I think I probably will go to egypt again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom