Bladder for drinking underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SUPERSTARDJ01

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I've heard of the SCUDA (but I don;t think they're in business anymore) and I've heard of people using camalbak's or similar, just wondering how you would attach the camalbak ? where you would attach it? do you use just the bladder or the whole pack including rucsak?

Cheers

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321620379.233853.jpg

I have an older (~10 yr), small Camelbak, which is essentially a covered bladder, that is ideal for single tanks. It is has loop at the top that slips over the tank valve like some BCD tank straps (i.e. slip it over the valve before attaching the regulator), and some 1" D-rings on each side of the bladder case. I just slip bungee cord through the rings, and under the tank. So, in the water it rides on the back / outside of my tank. Not totally streamlined, but quite functional.

NOTE: Opperud posted while I was typing my reply. Exactly what I was describing, but better - with a picture! The only difference is that my Camelbak is a dull army green.

Also, it looks like the picture shows the CB attached to a deco cylinder, which is really great for long deco hangs, when you are on 100%. This also works with a single back-mount tank for recreational diving.

Yup, only it's the 100oz. :)

Camelbak unbottle 70 oz. Route the drinking tube down your BCD inflator hose with inner tube bands.
Trygon

DSS makes a bladder designed for doubles

So my question of the day is Why? Thirsty? Dry Mouth? both? interesting idea though.

Just wondering here, how long are we planning to be down??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom