how to do this? video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitro91

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
[video=youtube;dFJRYanLrO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFJRYanLrO0[/video]

also how does he not drop and keep buoyancy?

btw i filmed him on a wreck dive, forgot to ask him how to do it after

Put a puff of air into your cheeks and let it out in a quick short burst followed by quickly sealing your lips afterwords. Play around with how much air you put in your cheeks and how quick the burst is.
You want to make an O with your lips, almost like you're puckering up. Be sure to keep your tongue out of the way.

And to me it looks like he's sinking slightly. No black magic here. :wink:

Also, buoyancy drop isn't instantaneous and the fins seem to scull a few times.

On the buoyancy, I also not the performer is at a pretty good depth. Do bubble rings at 7 or 8 feet deep and the impact on buoyancy is greater. However, I like this video because it also shows how proper buoyancy control looks- something to which every dive should aspire, and work to achieve. I am a bubble ring blower. Great fun at depth- watch them get bigger and then break apart.
DivmasterDennis

I used to always try with cigarettes but could never do. Shall try next dive :)

I agree it's fun. I've found that pursing the lips and making a fairly explosive "Poo" motion/sound/exhalation seems to do the trick with low volume.

However, if you want to see the "bubble blowing masters", YouTube "Bubble blowing dolphins". You won't believe what they can do! Those smart lil critters can "herd" the bubble rings using their pressure wakes, juggle them, and even use them in games among themselves. Fascinating!

Back
Top Bottom