BP/W Help GTA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seasss

Reaction score
Hey there,

I've recently purchased a backplate and wing setup and I think it would be wise for me to get some local help to put everything together. The only shop I've been to so far (where I did the in-class portion of my open water certification) didn't sell or recommend BP/Ws. Could anyone here recommend to me another shop or elsewhere in the GTA where I could some expertise with my BP/W?

Many thanks

seasss:
Hey there,

I've recently purchased a backplate and wing setup and I think it would be wise for me to get some local help to put everything together. The only shop I've been to so far (where I did the in-class portion of my open water certification) didn't sell or recommend BP/Ws. Could anyone here recommend to me another shop or elsewhere in the GTA where I could some expertise with my BP/W?

Many thanks

The Dive Academy in Oakville.

You can always come down to Humber Bay most Sunday mornings and there will be lots of divers willing to give advice and lend a hand. I'll be there with my son this Sunday around 10:15 a.m. or so.

Bob

Thanks very much guys!

Oakville is a bit far for me since I live in the east end, haha, but certainly works if I need to! thanks!

Dhboner - unfortunately I can't make it this Sunday, but that is great advice, thank you! How often are you out there? Do you use a BP/W yourself?

skippy31 - thanks, I might take you up on that! Too bad I didn't post this earlier, I was just up in Ottawa over Easter!

Dive Source in Oshawa, my bet is they would more than willing to lend a hand.

There are a lot of divers diving in humber over the weekend and many of them dive BP/W , you can open a thread on ontariodiving with the same question and I'm sure there will be a lot of locals who would be willing to help you. You can also join a club like OntarioUnderwater Explorers which has a pool time on Thursday nights and there are a lot of technical divers from all different agencies attend it and it will be easy to find help. Although it might be a hike for you but you can find a lot of dive buddies there

Thanks very much guys!

Oakville is a bit far for me since I live in the east end, haha, but certainly works if I need to! thanks!

Dhboner - unfortunately I can't make it this Sunday, but that is great advice, thank you! How often are you out there? Do you use a BP/W yourself?

skippy31 - thanks, I might take you up on that! Too bad I didn't post this earlier, I was just up in Ottawa over Easter!

Yes I do use a BP/Wing...so do my sons. We are at Humber almost every weekend (unless we are lucky enough to make it up to Toby or Brockville).

Definitely check out Ontario Diving...you will meet a lot of locals who will be more than willing to help you out.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom