Best Job in the World??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve

Wow.....what a DB
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, after watching this and realizing it might actually be true, I realized that my job really sucks :D. I think I want this job instead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7823812.stm

I was suppose to go to Hamilton Island but a cyclone hit so I went to Lizard Island when I was visiting down under in 2006.

I'll visit ya, Steve, hell, I'll be your flunky and fetch ya coffee.

Last edited:
Where do I sign up! I must say though it will probaly get lonley for most as it looks like you are stuck on the island with nothing to do. I for one would not go nuts and enjoy every minute of it.

Hey Guys/Gals,

My video application has been accepted and Tourism Queensland will be selecting their top 50 candidates for voting starting March 2. It would be awesome if you could visit the link below, watch my video, and rate it. Rating it, at this point doesn't officially gain me any head way with beling selected, but it could help the Tourism Queensland panel make a decision to select me as a top 50 finalist. I would much appreciate your help!

Thanks,

James

My Video:

The Best Job In The World

Information on the "Best Job in the World"

The Best Job In The World

I have applied and been accepted too...

view the vid here

all pics are my own apart from the aerial one!!!

who else here had applied?...

Here is the latest news bulletin from islandreefjob.com

What a week! Over the past few days a huge team of trained and dedicated Tourism Queensland staff have been working literally around the clock to make sure every one of the 34,684 video applications we received for the Best Job in the World by the closing date has been processed. This phase has now been completed and we're moving into the next exciting stage - short listing.

On Thursday February 26 (Queensland time) a pool of applicants will be contacted via email to undertake online psychometric testing for potential short listing into the Top 50. We'll then publicise the Top 50 next Monday 2 March at 11.59pm UTC. So stay tuned!

Bummer, no email in my inbox. Congratulations to everybody who did get an email! Thanks you to everybody who helped make my video as visible as possible by viewing and rating it!

James,

No email in my box either.
I guess I'll just have make do diving in the Florida Keys this summer.

Volleygirl

And no email in my inbox (although I do have some wonderful offers for purses, viagara and some "enhancements" :wink:)....dammit....wait I never entered :D. I guess I will just have to settle for diving in the COLD and MURKY lakes in Southern Ontario :rofl3:. The good thing is, I love every dive as long as I surface safely and healthy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom