Do new BC's usually come with an LP inflator hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mstevens

Toadfish. Splendid is implied but not guaranteed.
Reaction score
I just bought 2 new BC's (Zeagle Stilettos) for my wife and myself for the first time in 25 years, to replace our "state of the art" SeaQuest BC's from 1980. We bought new regs from a different place which haven't arrived yet. (The old regs are already gone, along with their attached gauges and hoses.)

I was investigating all the great modern features when I noticed there are no low-pressure inflator hoses. It simply never occurred to me to wonder whether they were included, or even whether they were now generic or brand-specific. Before I call up and fuss with the dealer I want to be sure if this really is a problem or not. Obviously, if new BC's don't normally come with inflator hoses I'll simply order a couple. On the other hand, I'd prefer not to have to pay for them if I don't need to (it looks as if they're around $20 each), and since I didn't get any sort of manuals or anything (which I know do exist for these BC's) I wonder if the dealer just forgot to put the remaining items in after the BC's themselves were packed.

Most stores i have bought from have LP hoses that come with the BC from the factory, some places however take the hoses out of the boxes and sell them seperately to you (cos they are cheap salesmen), there might be some BC manufacturers who dont include them, but i know Zeagle is one of them that does as the boxes i got from them, not to mention i know a couple of folks who work for them. I have since bought other LP inflators that were shorter to be more streamlined, but that is something else altogether.

Every bcd I've bought came with the inflator hose. (4 different brands)

I was at the shop when my Zeagle Escape BC arrived and opened it right away and noticed that I had an LP hose packaged with it. My understanding is that all new BCs come with an LP hose. What you might want to do is contact Zeagle, thier customer service is unmatched. However I have known one dealer who would resell the LP inflator hose seperately to the unsuspecting. Contact the dealer and ask them about it and then contact Zeagle afterwards depending on his response. Scott Zeagle is a member on this board and wants happy customers. Oh, and BTW, you'll love your Zeagle BCs.

My Stiletto came with an LP hose. You'll enjoy your Stiletto, it's a good one.

mstevens:
I just bought 2 new BC's (Zeagle Stilettos) for my wife and myself for the first time in 25 years, to replace our "state of the art" SeaQuest BC's from 1980. We bought new regs from a different place which haven't arrived yet. (The old regs are already gone, along with their attached gauges and hoses.)

I was investigating all the great modern features when I noticed there are no low-pressure inflator hoses. It simply never occurred to me to wonder whether they were included, or even whether they were now generic or brand-specific. Before I call up and fuss with the dealer I want to be sure if this really is a problem or not. Obviously, if new BC's don't normally come with inflator hoses I'll simply order a couple. On the other hand, I'd prefer not to have to pay for them if I don't need to (it looks as if they're around $20 each), and since I didn't get any sort of manuals or anything (which I know do exist for these BC's) I wonder if the dealer just forgot to put the remaining items in after the BC's themselves were packed.

Every BC or wing I have ever purchased has come with a low pressure inflator hose, included on this list is one Zeagle BC. I have, like Simon (Simbrooks) purchased shorter hoses when it was appropriate.

Of course you should try to contact the dealer from which you originally purchased the BC. Remember, it may have been a simple oversight either from the factory or the dealer, it may have simply fallen out of the box when it was being checked prior to you getting it. If your dealer indicates that the BC does not come with a hose and you need to purchase one separately, then I would contact Zeagle directly.

Best of luck,

Mark Vlahos

Every BC I've bought came with a hose.

Lots of times you see them included in the pics in the mail order scuba catalogs also.

It might have been a mistake on your dealers part, or intentional, but I'd say that you got "hosed".

All brands of BCs I've ever bought new came with a LP inflator hose, and I have owned several different brands over the years.

To bad it wasn't a LDS that you bought it from. I would say to beat the sales person with the inflator hose and walk out without paying. That is BS that some shops try and sell it to you as an extra.
There is always the possibilty that it didn't get packed from the factory but with two...maybe not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom