Prescription bifocal mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgl51

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone can recommend a (good!) supplier for a mask with corrective lenses (both near and far sight)?

Thanks

How can you be sure that the mask will fit properly and not leak. Also, I have a large nose and many/most masks hit the bridge and it's painful. How to be sure that won't happen. It's a lot of money to spend on a "pig in a poke".

Because you buy your mask locally beforehand and have them glue the lenses to it or replace them depending on the model. I'm on my third that was done this way. Only reason it is my third is due to my script changing. That and the skirt on my second started to fall apart. The silicone developed cracks. Lens part is fine.

I sent my new, I-know-it-fits mask to Prescription Dive Masks and they did the rest. Or, you can buy one of the ones they stock.

I also recommend prescription dive mask. I have astigmatism and I chose my own mask to have the lenses inserted. I marked the pupil centers with a permanent marked on the mask lenses (put mask on and look straight ahead while someone dots the pupil centers) as was recommended by them. The lenses were ground and mounted perfectly and my mask vision is now just like wearing my glasses. Wish I would of done this sooner.

Wow - this sounds like the perfect solution.

Back
Top Bottom