Advice on a regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TigerDiver8

Contributor
Reaction score
Ventura County, California, United States
# of dives
500 - 999
I am a newly advanced open water diver with 28 dives. I study marine systems for school and have been slowly getting my own gear geared towards tec diving, cause i am trying to get into scientific diving and was told tec style set up is what i would need. So i have my HOG steel back plate and wing. I am now in the market for a regulator and would like some advice. This will be used for recreational diving around where i live, Ventura Ca, (just north of LA) and the water here is about 49-53 during the winter, also i work on a Humpback whale project in Hawaii every year so will be diving warm water. So i am looking for the best type of reg for my needs. Also, any other accessories that you recommend for things i will need for tec/scientific diving (so i can start making a check list)

Thank you
Safe Diving!

---------- Post added February 25th, 2013 at 09:53 PM ----------

oh and also looking for integrated ditch-able weight pouches compatible with this rig. I hate wearing a weight belt. haha

The Scubapro MK25 or MK17 ( DIN or Yoke ) w/ a G250V is an excellent choice.

We still have a few for $399.

Have a look at Apeks. It is a veritable cold water regulator which has been used in Antarctic ice diving and in setting 1000 ft depth records. Normally it is pretty expensive, but Here I see one of the top-of-the-line models for an attractive price. I have it and ordered two more.

I purchased the XTX 50 last season. Now this season Im thinking about buying a set for doubles. Great reg to grow into. I bought din for the simple fact that I can always get a yoke adapter. I plan on starting tech courses in about 2 years so I wanted something I could grow into.

Love this reg.

... I am now in the market for a regulator ... looking for integrated ditch-able weight pouches compatible with this rig. I hate wearing a weight belt. haha

You can buy accessory weight pockets from Dive Rite...BC Accessory Pockets by Dive Rite - Dive Gear Express

I use a pair on my BP/W since I don't have hips and also hate weight belts.

+1 for the ScubaPro MK25 with G250V...I just bought acouple of simular set-ups from Beaver Divers at about half the normal retail price. With ScubaPro it is very easy to find a shop that services them world-wide. I also have a Sherwood and when trveling I have had to ship it back to the states for service a few times.

Sure.....because biggest, means best ????????????

It all depends on your needs and wants.

If you go with a big name, you're pretty much always going to be close to parts, service, and a factory certified technician.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom