April SSASS???

SSASS at Finns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NadMat

DIMWIT Swamper ;)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Last month I missed SSASS, down with flu, then was so busy I about forgot about it. But my organizer tells me it is tomorrow, and it should be beautiful evening, so I was thinking about SSASS on the lake, at Finns. Hopefully after I get to get out and catch a bit of the current great vis I keep seeing posted.
So, anyone up for saturday at 7 at Finns?

There should be several of us out at the lake tomorrow evening. Where is Finn's? I've never been there.

Johnny Fins is located at:

16405 Clara Van Trail (at Hurst Harbor) Off Highway 620, 4 miles south of Mansfield Dam, or five miles north of Highway 71

I won't make it cauze I'm doing the San Marcos River Clean-Up in the AM and a crawfish boil on the Square in San Marcos for the PM.

There should be several of us out at the lake tomorrow evening. Where is Finn's? I've never been there.

Wave at my boat up in blocks at the boat shop there above Johnny Finns bar.
You will like it John. No doubt the right crowd.

I can't attend. We're having a party and I'll be cooking like a crazy lady!

So how was Finns? I was deep into trying to rebuild the carb on the lawnmower to finish the front lawn on saturday when I realized the sun was about to set. As I was soaked in eau de gasoline (which is getting to be a rather expensive perfume here lately) and was already past 7, I just cleaned up and stuck some food in me and a netflix in the dvd player and called it an evening.

I didn't even get out to dive either :( Just way to busy here lately, and constantly getting bit by dst time change, when it is bright out i figure it is still 'afternoon' rather than early evening.

So Mack, what was the vote for next location?

We had a nice little turn out at Finns. Attendies were Zinc, K-Valve, Chrispete and myself. I had to leave early to prepare for the scuba marathon. I'm not sure if a next location was voted on. One new item of business was brought up. Zinc mentioned that it might be better to switch the event to a Friday evening. That way, people could come straight from work or whatever and get busy with lawn chores.:wink:

Of course, we would need to change the name. I guess we could just call it the Austin Swampers Social or *SS.:eyebrow: We could meet at the Hole In The Wall and make it an *sshole meeting.:rofl3:

OK, my creative thinking is a little twisted this morning. We need more input.

I had a heckuva a time finding the restaurant, but was glad I did. Small turnout this month, but still a blast. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom