Just a little pissed off...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe: I appreciate the offer. Like I had posted originally, I don't think this is anyones final responsiblity other than my own and regret naming ST as it was not my intention to place any blame of this on the shop.

Norine: Would you like to look at when this thread was made / posted?

(May 7th, 2007, 09:10 PM to save you the trouble).

1.5 hrs later I decided to sell the rig and buy something else. I posted that For sale thread on May 7th, 2007, 10:46 PM.

Joe posted his offer on May 8th at 6:05pm - 20 hours later.

So would you like to take back your pointing finger and point it somewhere else? Thanks!

ScottZeagle:
However, for Joe to step up and tackle a problem 3 years after the fact says a lot about the shop. I don't think anyone on this board would have expected Scuba Toys to make the offer that Joe did.

Actually, from the stories I've heard and the interaction I've had, I would have expected nothing less.:D

That doesn't make it any less spectacular, but it certainly seems to be their style.

ScottZeagle:
That's why Joe and Larry are where they are today, in my honest opinion...and I say that as a consumer more than anything else.

Kudos to the Scuba Toys gang!
Scott

Exactly my point. I hold to the same business philosophy. It always amazes me how business comes in the door. Word of mouth and referal only, in my case.

Jedi:
If y'all haven't already sold that BC, I don't think anyone here would think any less of you for pulling it for sale and taking Joe up on his offer.

Best regards and, Thanks, Joe!

Ian

As soon as I saw the word Scubatoys, I scrolled down to find a post from them :D

And there it was! :D

Sorry that you took my post as attacking... I was sincere in the fact that I did not know for sure if you had seen Joe's post. And if you didn't care/were still pissed/whatever, that's fine too. I wasn't pointing fingers... or at least I wasn't trying to.

And baaack to lurk mode I go again....

norine62:
Sorry that you took my post as attacking... I was sincere in the fact that I did not know for sure if you had seen Joe's post. And if you didn't care/were still pissed/whatever, that's fine too. I wasn't pointing fingers... or at least I wasn't trying to.

And baaack to lurk mode I go again....
I got what you were saying. I didn't think it sounded like an attack. Seemed like you were trying to help.

If you haven't sold it yet we would still be glade to swap it out for the correct size we can always put the XL in the rental fleet!

I do appreciate you not putting the blame on us but if we did put you in that size BCD we need to make it right! and since we do have a rental fleet of the Zeagle BCDs then it not a big deal... No one really losses and you get to enjoy the Zeagle the way you should!

Thanks

Joe

I haven't, I canceled the sale when there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately I work 75 hr weeks and it is difficult to make personal errands during the week including phone calls. I hope to visit you this weekend.

This happened to me too. I had 20 dives on my BC in about a 4 month period. LDS wanted to just give me an entirely new BC. Instead I disected the BC and only swapped the harness to minimize the used stuff they are stuck with. Love my LDS for stuff like that!

This thread reminds me...Joe, I bought a Ranger from ST about a year back...however when I decided to migrate to the Zeagle BP/W combo I found that my Ranger wing is the "old" type. The wing has got 2 triglides and 2 pieces of webbing instead of the 4 triglides version. As a result I cant mount my Ranger wing onto the Zeagle BP/W and I have since sold it off. Now my point is why am I getting an old wing when I bought the Ranger 1 year ago? I stay way way out of USA so it makes no sense to ship the Ranger wing back to ST for modification...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom