Just a little pissed off...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no idea how and why someone here would put you in XL with those measurements… Where you here in the store? Did they try it on you? That doesn’t matter what matters is we get you in the correct size! And please don’t let whatever problems you may have had in the past with us keep you from getting the proper fit BCD! (And yes at our cost!) I would however like to find out who waited on you here in the store. Is it possible we fitted one size and grabbed another size when it was taken to the counter? Either way we need to get this fixed.

Please give me a call at the store!

972-406-2996

Thanks

Joe

diver 85:
OR.....lots of meat & potatoes....in 6 mo., a perfect fit.......
Infact, replace the meat with potatoes as well.. Meat dont do much good for weight gain..
And of course there is the dietary supplies weight lifters use that you can eat.. 12k Calories a day should help on the fit :p
As we say around here "its not the saucage that makes you fat, its the sauce".. (Yeah, that one CAN be interpreted in 2 ways)

scubatoys:
I have no idea how and why someone here would put you in XL with those measurements… Where you here in the store? Did they try it on you? That doesn’t matter what matters is we get you in the correct size! And please don’t let whatever problems you may have had in the past with us keep you from getting the proper fit BCD! (And yes at our cost!) I would however like to find out who waited on you here in the store. Is it possible we fitted one size and grabbed another size when it was taken to the counter? Either way we need to get this fixed.

972-406-2996

Thanks

Joe

Wow, that's a great offer Joe. One of the reasons I shop there when I'm in North America...:D

I'm 5'10, 34-35in waist and have 20in from shoulder to waist. By all accounts, a Med/Med is what I should be wearing.

Sizing charts don't tell all, I'm almost spot-on the same size and 190lbs, my Ranger is a Large and fits perfectly. My daughter sized at a medium for her Zeagle Lazar but was much more comfortable in a Large as well. Stll, sounds llike Scubatoys is going to take good care of you.

scubatoys:

972-406-2996

Thanks

Joe

Ok that's it! I just won't stand for it! Joe and Larry need to be stopped immediately!! They are putting all other dive shops to shame. What do you mean customer service???? :D :wink:

If I live in Virginia can I call ScubaToys my LDS? We are in a global economy, right???

Sizing charts aren't accurate at all. According to the charts I should be in a Large Zena but in fact the Medium is perfect for me. You really DO have to try them on for the right fit.

And I agree with everyone else, regardless of your negative feelings about ScubaToys from past experience, you really should let them get you into the right size BC. Joe is doing the right thing by offering to make it right at no cost to you. If you choose not to do business with them after this is made right, that's your call.

I agree, very accommodating on ST's part. It'll be interesting to see how the OP (Jedi) responds especially considering he basically unintentionally flamed them publicly and now ST has stepped up to do what's right.

Jedi: You're one lucky fella to have ST as your LDS especially in light of my incident I reported above with my LDS.

I guess I will chime in here and rave about my LDS. Like you want to hear about that. Anyway, I too originally bought a large Seaquest Pro QD+. After 10 salt water dives and numerous pool dives,not chlorinated,and probably 30 quarry dives I was in the LDS trying some other new equipment and the instructor said, "That BC is too large for you." I said "I have lost 2 or 3 lbs in the last month." He said, "We need to get you a medium". I told him that I did not expect him to do that. It had too many dives to trade. Plus I had scratched the weight dump handles. He told me that his partner fitted me with that BC and it was too large. He gave me a medium BC and out the door I was. I thought it was good business of them to do that. BC fits much better now and diving is more enjoyable. Although I am ready for BP/W like many of my dive buddies have. This is just one of the stories of why I don't mind buying some gear from my LDS.

driftin' by:
I agree, very accommodating on ST's part. It'll be interesting to see how the OP (Jedi) responds especially considering he basically unintentionally flamed them publicly and now ST has stepped up to do what's right.

I don't think that Jedi was trying to "flame" the shop. He said himself that it was 3 years ago and he simply didn't know any better...

However, for Joe to step up and tackle a problem 3 years after the fact says a lot about the shop. I don't think anyone on this board would have expected Scuba Toys to make the offer that Joe did.

That's why Joe and Larry are where they are today, in my honest opinion...and I say that as a consumer more than anything else.

Kudos to the Scuba Toys gang!

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom