Dive Watch Displayed on Mini Scuba Tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife:
....Matt... how did you get your battery replaced so quickly??

when we have to do the batteries we have to leave it at the jewellers as they have to pressure test it also

X2:huh: I was told if you did the "quickie Mall" job it would no longer be suitable for diving. They have to replace seals and test and such....

i dont know about the seals but def the batteries (i think there are 3 in them???) and pressure test and it takes about a week to be sent to citizen and then back again

it might be a sales job but the watches have been going strong for 10yrs now

To get to the batteries you have to break the seals....this was what I've been told, whether or not it's true?

I've had it done 3 times and never had it sent to citizen - My warranty is long gone anyhow. I've never taken it down past 90 feet but above that I've never had a problem with water penetration. If you actually were to take it apart and see how it's sealed (which I have seen) it's basically a single o-ring that goes around the seat and you can clearly see if it's damaged and replace it. The jeweler needs to ensure that the new seal is not twisted when it's put into place and it is fine. Watch only has 1 Li-Ion battery. For something like this it was a whimsical purchase on a cruise ship a long time ago - I dont have the patience to send it back and forth to citizen if there is realistically no need.

If I knew you all would have been interested I would have taken some pic's while the Jeweler had it open!

almitywife:
:useless:

so do you like the stap??

I ordered it but it has not come yet. I'll let you know how it works out. It's funny because for the last 6 month's or so I have been wearing a super thin watch that weighed just about nothing. I'm wearing this now and it feels like I strapped a dive weight to my wrist in comparison... I wonder how the Titanium version feels....

ScubaLuuke:
Anybody know of a reliable place to order this watch from online? The LDS does not carry this watch and I have been quite interested in it for a while now. Thinking baout finally making the purchase.

PM sent have 1 for sale if your still looking. Jeremy

has anyone tried this aftermarket watch band on the Aqualand Nx? i recently bought a drysuit and quickly realized that it does not fit over my wrist with the drygloves on.

Bill

Matt_NJ:
... I wonder how the Titanium version feels....

I have the Titanium Duplex....it's wonderfully lightweight for such a large watch. Now, when I wear any other watch, they seem so heavy and noticeable on my wrist. I tried on a Submariner I've been eyeing and it just seemed too heavy...guess I'm spoiled.

Matt_NJ:
If I knew you all would have been interested I would have taken some pic's while the Jeweler had it open!

here, I opened mine just for you and almitywife.

I think these work now.
index.cfm

index.cfm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom