Dive Watch Displayed on Mini Scuba Tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt_NJ:
So what did you do just bring it into a jeweler and ask them to rig up that strap? or is that something that Citizen sells as an option?

I hate the rubber strap so much that my watch has been sitting in the jewelry box for 6 month's with a dead battery and I just never get around to replacing it!
the jeweller had it in the shop so fitted it there, i didnt know about the watch at that point but hubby had it changed over when he bought it

ive also seen the straps at our LDS

edit: nice timing DB!

What is it about the rubber strap everyone hates? I love mine....I think it looks good (IMHO) and the expansion wrinkles are great for wetsuit compression. I ordered the titanium bracelet but have yet to have it put on.

Link to Titanium Bracelet

Well - Mine never really "Loosened" at all so unless I keep it really tight the shape of the strap holds the watch head away from my wrist. If I keep it loos then the weight of the watch head makes it constantly moving around my wrist.

Also i'm not a completely "Hair Free" individual and i've found that the hair on my wrists gets cought in the little holes around the band and frequently pulled out.

I agree though that it does look sharp!

I get the hair pull, but only when first putting it on...the metal bands to secure the strap, as I'm sliding them around....but, my hair in that area is almost gone now so no biggie. :D

In time, the rubber strap will curve alot more and fit your arm better. I wear mine every day. Just noticed you can see it in my avatar....

My only complaint with the watch wouldn't be the strap (although I also suffer the hair-in-the-excess-strap-retention-rings - OUCH!) but the backlight. It's just not even remotely sufficient.

I also have the plastic tank thingy. $30 sounds good to me....who's buying? :)

hubby has many watches..... he wears the rubber band on one watch for day to day wear and another watch for diving with the strap as shown

Matt... how did you get your battery replaced so quickly??

when we have to do the batteries we have to leave it at the jewellers as they have to pressure test it also

Anybody know of a reliable place to order this watch from online? The LDS does not carry this watch and I have been quite interested in it for a while now. Thinking baout finally making the purchase.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom