Major Scuba Toys wetsuit hassle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would bet they would take care of you if you contact Larry or Joe,they would want you to. I have had nothing but positives from them but screw ups can happen to anyone,it is how the screw ups are handled that separate the good from the bad. Keep us informed.

When I had a service issue awhile back with ScubaToys, I called and asked to speak with Joe directly. He cleared things up immediately for me. I'd strongly suggest you do the same thing regarding your wetsuit issues as well as regulator problems.

To me the mark of excellent customer service isn't that nothing ever goes wrong, but how it's dealt with when something does. I hope ST lives up to their strong reputation and makes everything right for you.

Scuba Toys has always gone out of their way with me. I have to say that I've always been very pleased with their customer service.

Have you tried calling either Joe or Larry? Or posting on the Scuba Toys Forum. Complaining on Scubaboard may not be the most effective communications link.

Give them a try. My guess is that you'll get immediate resolution.

Art

I'll never do business with them again!
i did my training there and i've tried to shop; i even went back to use a gift cert someome gave me. Nothing in the store is marked!!! (there are a few items that are on special or something) i wanted to shop for a computer but i had to ask what the price was on everyone of them. same with wetsuits, BC, Boots, gloves, fins, masks, assy. everything!!!
we i went in with the gift cert, i didn't have anything in mind, but since i was going on a trip i thought i might see something i could use. i seen a small bag and safety sausage i wanted, plus a whistle. since nothing was marked i had no clue how much i had, and if i had asked, even though i had $$ left over, i wouldn't know what my $16 would buy!!
is this really how you run a business?
i see this as a way to take advantage of new dives who are there for training.

If i'm going to have to do research on-line to see if i'm being taken, then i'll just buy on-line.

I'll never do business with them again!
i did my training there and i've tried to shop; i even went back to use a gift cert someome gave me. Nothing in the store is marked!!! (there are a few items that are on special or something) i wanted to shop for a computer but i had to ask what the price was on everyone of them. same with wetsuits, BC, Boots, gloves, fins, masks, assy. everything!!!
we i went in with the gift cert, i didn't have anything in mind, but since i was going on a trip i thought i might see something i could use. i seen a small bag and safety sausage i wanted, plus a whistle. since nothing was marked i had no clue how much i had, and if i had asked, even though i had $$ left over, i wouldn't know what my $16 would buy!!
is this really how you run a business?
i see this as a way to take advantage of new dives who are there for training.

If i'm going to have to do research on-line to see if i'm being taken, then i'll just buy on-line.

If this is the case, seems it might be better to shop online & stay out of their store---@ least online everything's marked......:D

My point of posting here was not to seek a resolution, but rather to warn others as I like to be warned of service problems. I'd rather work with a company that doesn't cause major mix-ups and hassles to begin with than one that straightens them out once you go to the owner!

It's now 11 days since they received my package and there is still no refund posted to my credit card. I'll wait a few more days in case it's currently held up by bank routing, then talk to Larry/Joe.

The customer service I received from Scuba Toys was quite friendly and seemingly helpful... but I question their bookkeeping/record-keeping practices. They seem pretty disorganized.

I'm glad to hear my experience is the exception rather than the norm - but do think people should hear of the bad as well as the good when choosing businesses.

I was quite happy with the quality of the suits - and the price! And yes, I did try them on at my LDS before buying - but model years can change size pretty dramatically, I found. We paid about $225 for two suits that - even on sale - cost $375 locally. If the price difference weren't so dramatic, I'd be happier buying locally.

It's quite OK to post here of your less than satisfactory purchase

I would not wait to contact Joe or Larry, I think now is not too soon :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom