Ask A Cop!!! Post Your Questions Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are seeing selective enforcement for revenue reasons, imo

Politicians are pressuring the police?

Okay, another one. In states where you must lock an unloaded gun in a lockbox for transport, I have been advised this should NOT be a car safe (mounted in the floor) because that can be searched as part of the vehicle on suspicion whereas locked brief case would require a search warrant, a higher threshold.

I have car safes for GPS, registration papers, etc, in case my car is stolen they would not have identification information.

Last edited:
lol

she deserved it

BUT why didn't he just man handle her?

I do think he was worried she was demented and could run into traffic.

(I don't support tasers) If they start to taze me, I plan to scream that I have a pacemaker.

I've not heard anything about targeting motor homes towing cars. I know that when it comes to drug interdiction, a classic example officers are given for training is the motorhome driven by two "grandparents" filled with drugs. It shows that officers cannot pass judgement on anyone, and it helps dispell any "what does a drug smuggler look like" misconceptions.

hey... due to the economy and the poor performance of the stock market and their 401k retirement plans! Those drug-traffic'ing-senior-citizens are just moving a little grass to help pay for their gas! :rofl3:

Would you tase a 72 yr old women?

:rofl3:

I saw that.

The woman first off was telling the guy to arrest her and then wouldn't sign the ticket and then got aggressive when the cop pushed her back so they wouldn't get in traffic.

tasing seems extreme with a "little old lady", but it prob saved her from a couple broken limbs from being wrestled to the ground.

funny thing is that she was doing all these TV interviews saying how she was abused and never realized that there was a Dash CAM on the entire time and after the police released the video, she shut up in a hurry...

My neighbor (clean cut wholesome Ken-type) swears this officer is harassing him and he put a web cam in his car because the same guy has given him 20 tickets and the last one was for "having his turn signal on for too many yards"

So, now he wants to film the officer and go to court

Nevada is one big freak show on both sides

Wow! Talk about reviving an old thread! But I actually have a cop question again so I'll play along.

I travel for my job throughout the state (NC) mostly to low socioeconomic areas,and some very rural/ isolated areas. I spend 2-3 nights a week in hotels in these areas. I have a concealed carry permit for the state of NC, and feel it important to have my weapon on me when in the car, going to and from the hotel or restaurants.

Here's the catch- my job involves going to schools, mostly high schools, but also other levels where it is illegal to have a firearm on the property. While I would never think of taking my weapon in the school- by the letter of the law it is not legal to even have it in the vehicle if it is parked on school property. What should a law abiding citizen do with a weapon when entering a location where they are not legally allowed to have a weapon even in their car?

By the way I am in a different hotel every night, so just leaving it in the hotel until I get back is not an option.

My neighbor (clean cut wholesome Ken-type) swears this officer is harassing him and he put a web cam in his car because the same guy has given him 20 tickets and the last one was for "having his turn signal on for too many yards"

So, now he wants to film the officer and go to court

Nevada is one big freak show on both sides

20 tickets from the same cop? is that a real number or an exaggeration?

if it's real, the number alone from the same cop is most likely enough to file a complaint against him.

I don't know the exact number, over ten

By the way I am in a different hotel every night, so just leaving it in the hotel until I get back is not an option.

They make car safes, if it was unloaded and locked in there they would never know and would need cause to search your car? I have the same issue...at some point it becomes a futile debate according to the concealed permit instructor that just gave my sister's course because he claims the law is usually in distances that would include driving by on given adjacent roadway. I think she said it is a Clinton law and it is federal.

where's that Mr Cop?

Back
Top Bottom