Ask A Cop!!! Post Your Questions Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey TJcop, I have a serious question this time. In your state what are the laws about driving in a wrangler without the doors on and what is the fender/tire coverage laws. I just got some (new to me) 35x12.5's and they stick out pretty far, I'm trying to decide if I shoud get the 6", 6.5" or 7" fender flares.

Vehicles must be equiped with their factory items...including their doors.

Tires may not flare out past the body, as originally installed. Adding new fenders to cover the tires does not make it legal.

I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a box of donuts at the PD.

maybe the donuts never made it back to the police station huh?

DonutShopCops.jpg

Tires may not flare out past the body, as originally installed. Adding new fenders to cover the tires does not make it legal.

I guess this differs state by state, but I can say I've never heard of a cop writing a ticket for someone who has their doors off their jeep. (that's the way they are designed at the factory, to be removed).

I see lots of guys with tires that stick out too far, including 4x4's and rice burners. but I doubt many cops write tickets for them unless they are extreme.

I wonder if they know that here in Texas...

If a car is in an accident and towed away, is it searched?

Do local police ever pay pizza delivery people or cable men to report suspicious behavior?

If a car is in an accident and towed away, is it searched?

Do local police ever pay pizza delivery people or cable men to report suspicious behavior?

Towed vehicles are "inventoried"...aka searched...for any expensive property that we might want to remove and place into property for safekeeping. Sometimes we'll search a vehicle if we are seizing it due to a serious injury or fatal accident.

I've never heard of paying delivery/cable/etc people to report info. Aren't we all supposed to do that as good citizens??

I read on a forum that police were paying delivery men to report underage drinking

(pizza parties, etc)

I just don't understand why "reasonable suspicion" couldn't cover just about anything.

I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a box of donuts at the PD. Maybe his sister is using her job as a reason to "pig" out on donuts? :D

Now good coffee on the other hand.... :coffee:

Thanks for your reply!:D

I just want to know one thing......... After a long interrogation (waterboarding), you determined that someone bought something scuba related from an online dealer instead of the LDS would you a) let them go without a citation or b) write them several tickets or c) taser and arrest them on felony charges?:D

Good thread! Something different than the normal chatter.

I just don't understand why "reasonable suspicion" couldn't cover just about anything.

the term is "probable cause"

a story:

narcotics agents are staking out a Greyhound bus station. as the passengers debark and pick up their luggage, a K9 sniffs the bags

all of a sudden, the K9 barks, indicating there are drugs in a bag

what's the dog's name?

"Probable Cause", of course

now the bag can be searched

In Texas you may drive your Jeep without the doors but must have your seat belt on and all limbs kept inside the vehicle I know this because I'm a Wrangler guy and drive mine without doors all summer. You must relocate the mirrors from the doors to the frame. Not sure on the tires but I'll ask my wife, I'm a Fed and she is a Local (58 years as cops between us).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom