50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am also looking for imput from divers that have taken on Lake Martin. Seems AUCade and friend has experience there. Need imput. ted

While I am not far from you...the call of the Gulf is way too strong, and always drive south to go diving...

I'll be +8 in 10 days. I will be done with my OW classes on Aug 22 and 23, and I am looking forward to my dive in Belize in January 2010. My LDS is A-1 Scuba in Englewood, CO.

Forgot to say I live in Centennial, CO.

Last edited:
Welcome Nuts, I'm also from Centennial and my LDS is A-1,,,

I am 55 and from Thornton and my LDS is A-1. Taking my 20 yr old daughter to A-1 today for Discover Scuba. I Love Colorado! I did my OW last year. Just wish it wasn't so far to warm water.. Going to Roatan in December. Thinking about Cozumel in November.

South Carolina now
Certified in San Diego 1970
Southern Califorina diving, Channel Islands, Baja, Thailand, Florida, Hawaii
I like the people at The Bermuda Triangle shop in Greenville,SC
Advanced, Nitrox diver

I'm actually -1. But i just got certified a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I can get conditional acceptance into this category? Being in coastal Louisiana, I have friends who do platform diving 50+ miles out. I'm not aware (yet) of inland sites, or even coastal sites where the water is clear enough to dive. I'm not sure that I would want to dive with the alligators anyway.

Just turned the big six oh last month and spent my birthday diving the wrecks at Coron, Philippines. Got my advanced nitrox and deep diver certs while I was there.

I live in Perth Western Australia
My LDS is in Rockingham (not Bells) and the internet.
Motto: Growing old is compulsory...growing up is optional.:D

I would like to do the GUE fundies soon.

Cheers

Joe

I'll be 65 in February.
Started diving about 10 years ago. Had put it off for years because I have problems equalizing. I just take my time now and my dive buddy and I stay with the group only higher until I can work my way down(Usually less than 5 minutes). I'm also a type 2 diabetic and there was some concern that being so might be dangerous. I consulted my doctor and since mine is well controlled and I never have problems he signed off for me. It's never been a problem. I've dived (dove?) St. Croix, Roatan, Hawaii, Cozumel and local lakes. Of them all I prefer Cozumel and keep returning there over and over. Before I get too old (say 102) I hope to dive around Tahiti and Thailand.
Certifications pretty limited.... AOW and Wreck
Favorite dive shop... Howell's Dive Shop locally

Started diving at 61, currently 62.

Checked out in the Abacos with my youngest son a little over a year ago.

Retired. Live in Allentown, PA where I have recently started diving with my sons at Dutch Springs. Cold, but fun. Thermoclines are intense.

Planning to take the motorhome to the Fla Keys in late November for some diving. Looking forward to some warm water, we will be there about two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom