What is the cost of a DIR drysuit with all accessories?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DUI TLS 350 works good for me. I believe it's DIR approved as long as it matches your teamates.

Putting on Flame Proof Gear now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say, "decent velcro pockets" does that mean that Zipper pockets are not the preferred choice among DIR divers in search of a drysuit?

Just curious...

Zippers jam, toggles break off, etc. When you want your SMB, safety spool, or wetnotes, you want them. Hence velcro pocket closures with internal loops to clip off the contents.

If you're on a budget...LP has some Bare dry suits for $650. Simple no frill bi-lam, but will last a few years for sure. $80 for the boots. If you're lucky your current fins will work, but likely not so budget another $100-$150. You'll likely need more lead, so don't forget to budget for that. If you already own a bunch of thermal underwear and fleece that you would use in the winter, that will work fine. Don't forget a hood. In the end you could go a low as $900ish.

I paid $2400 for my signature series tls 350 new exactly how I wanted it. Check out dolphinscuba.com best prices you will find on DUI suits. diverightinscuba.com also has some great prices on 4th element stuff.... I think $329 for the artics package.

Hi!

I'm on a tight budget, and did have some money saved for a suit, but had to spend the savings on an unexpected necessity. How much does this thing cost? I've heard as much as $3700.

Thanks!

With a good undergarment custom undergarment, custom suit, try gloves and taxes DUI CLX will be in that range. If you fit stock TLS350 I think it can be a grand cheaper

You can go with Bare Trilam but do not order pockets - they are so so and you will have to pay to reposition your valve,- they have it in a wrong place. It will not run you much cheaper at the end

I think the important thing is to know that there is no required brand of dry suit for DIR diving.

There is a list of qualities that a suit ought to have, including fitting well, having attached boots or TurboSoles or something similar, having pockets with Velcro, and drying quickly. True self-entry is preferred (no back zips). There are many suits on the market that meet those criteria, as Richard said.

If money is a serious object, a used dry suit can be a very good purchase. They don't sell for much of their original value, and even if you have to have the seals replaced, you can still save significant money over a new suit. The one thing you don't want to have to do is replace the zipper, because that's expensive and often can't be done locally.

Don't get hung up on brands. Brands aren't "DIR".

I wouldn't look at any other suit than a Santi in today's market. They're the toughest suit I've seen, very little loss in flexibility, and reasonably priced.

I own a TLS350, which is nice, but I drool over the Santi's.

Cut is most important. If it's too big, your life will be miserable
. You want to make sure the suit can hold heavy undergarments, but not have tons of "wrinkles". I only mention this because it's tempting to jump at a suit that's used/cheap and "kinda" fits. Here's about how they're supposed to fit, a few less wrinkles if you're wearing cold water undergarments-
18738_582259866415_201400707_34325199_1668190_n.jpg

18738_582259881385_201400707_34325202_4315396_n.jpg

Hi!

I'm on a tight budget, and did have some money saved for a suit, but had to spend the savings on an unexpected necessity. How much does this thing cost? I've heard as much as $3700.

Thanks!

I went with used.. Got a CF200 from Ebay for 300 bucks, lucky for me the guy who was selling it was almost the same measurements as me. The suit is a bit larger in the shoulder area than I'd like but it's OK.

I put a new zipper and wrist seals in it which got the price up to about 600 bucks. It fits OK, but it's not perfect but it's one tough suit. I agree that fit is important, but with anything there is a trade off. If you can't swing the kilobuck+ for a suit then get the best you can for the money you have. Life is full of trade-offs.

I was on a tight budget at the time, too. ( still am, I'd say ) Getting it used let me spend 300 bucks one month and 300 bucks the next month. Of course, now I replace the seals myself and do my own repairs.

Hi!

Thanks!

Please keep one thing in mind. The fit is the most important thing in a dry suit. As a novice diver you will not be able to evaluate correctly what is considered to be proper fit. It happened with me when I was buying the suit It felt all-right and of a good fit. sometime later down the road I realized that it is not the best fit. So here came gators to fix the calf areas. I would recommend to find a good DIR diver who knows how the suit suppose to fit and listen to his recommendations. SHe can also give you other hints like proper valve placement, type of pockets etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom