What is the cost of a DIR drysuit with all accessories?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The fabric on them puppies does seem pretty resilient.

Any word on the zippers? I only know one person with a Santi, and I don't think he dives it very often.
My cave instructor has about 300 dives on his with no issue. No leaks, and that includes a TON of sm diving. Considering I have a TLS350 that floods every time I bump a rock, it's tempting.

Nice. Maybe my next suit will be Santi.

I've only seen Bob's, but I was very impressed with the workmanship. The cut is clever -- the arms are cut extended up over your head, so the suit simply doesn't bind when you're reaching for valves. I was actually thinking about buying one a few months back, before finances intervened. I had gotten tired of shoving the MK3 undergarment into the arms and legs of my early model Fusion.

My cave instructor has about 300 dives on his with no issue. No leaks, and that includes a TON of sm diving. Considering I have a TLS350 that floods every time I bump a rock, it's tempting.

That's certainly good feed-back - good to know. What models have any of you seen/used? I've read that the E.Space is quite durable and comparable to the TLS350 wrt. fabric.

Henrik

I use to own a TLS350! Loved the suit, lasted 6 years and I'm diving all the time. I know they are a little pricey, but in July I got my D.U.I FLEX EXTREME & WOW! Dives just like my TLS350 but a little tougher. Options are key.

SS Series (for best fit)
2 Large Velcro Bellows Pocket (need storage)
Turbo Soles (propulsion efficiency, most flexibility)
Tough Duck Overlay Top & Bottom (better than Cordura (more drag) overlay, water just rolls off!)
CF200 Knee Pads (flexibility)
P-Valve (Need to Hydrate!)

This is what the majority of our divers have been going with and they are lovin it!

That's certainly good feed-back - good to know. What models have any of you seen/used? I've read that the E.Space is quite durable and comparable to the TLS350 wrt. fabric.

Henrik
I've used an Espace several times. Oddly enough I borrow one from a dive shop run by a friend each time my TLS350 is in the shop. They've had the same set of demo suits for over a year now and none of them have leaked. A tad less flexible than the TLS350, but nothing that bothered me. I like the turbo soles better (easier to do ankle rotation for delicate stuff), but the soft santi boots are more durable.

Here's some reviews where more people who owned TLS350's switched due to leaks-
Excellent service by Santi - DIR Explorers

I just bought two tls350s. Problem solved :wink:

I've used an Espace several times. Oddly enough I borrow one from a dive shop run by a friend each time my TLS350 is in the shop. They've had the same set of demo suits for over a year now and none of them have leaked. A tad less flexible than the TLS350, but nothing that bothered me. I like the turbo soles better (easier to do ankle rotation for delicate stuff), but the soft santi boots are more durable.

Here's some reviews where more people who owned TLS350's switched due to leaks -

Thanks for your impression and the link. Sounds good except for some sizing/cut issues - possibly caused by measuring? Interesting that the lightest Santi suit feels less flexible than the TLS350.

It looks like I'll have a chance to see the suits in-person as Santi USA tells me they'll be at Beneath the Sea in March 2011. I'll be sure to stop by.

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom