What is the cost of a DIR drysuit with all accessories?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HI, I traded in my Fusion for a used DUI. i got it in perfect condition for 400.00. no bells or whistles, I will add as I need.

its personal choice, and money here...if you decide on a particular suit, just start to look and put out a want to buy on all the boards. you will find what you want in your size if your patient.

but you need to know what you want. If you go with a suit that is basic, you can add pockets, turbo soles if that is your pleasure and dry glove system and still come out cheeper than if you buy new.

having said all that, ONLY a custom DUI will run you 3700.00 unless you need a custom suit off the rack should be around 2000.00

I say go with a good used one.
there is a tsl350 on the deco stop right now that needs some tlc but is a make your own offer.

good luck
ww

I would get a Santi. Some dealers are selling them well under $2k custom cut, and they're the best balance of drying time and toughness that I've seen. I dive a TLS350 usually and couldn't tell much difference in range of motion.

I would get a Santi. Some dealers are selling them well under $2k custom cut, and they're the best balance of drying time and toughness that I've seen. I dive a TLS350 usually and couldn't tell much difference in range of motion.

The fabric on them puppies does seem pretty resilient.

Any word on the zippers? I only know one person with a Santi, and I don't think he dives it very often.

Well, my friend NWGrateful Diver has had his Santi since March, which means he's probably put about 200 dives or so on it, and he still loves the suit and has no issues with the zipper that I know of.

I hear good things about the FLX Extreme from DUI.

As always, check DUI's Factroy Refurbished list. There are often GREAT deals on there.

I hear good things about the FLX Extreme from DUI.

As always, check DUI's Factroy Refurbished list. There are often GREAT deals on there.

read: casey liked it :wink:

Well, my friend NWGrateful Diver has had his Santi since March, which means he's probably put about 200 dives or so on it, and he still loves the suit and has no issues with the zipper that I know of.

I would love to hear some more feed-back on the Santi suits. Which model would be comparable to the TLS350? How is the cut and quality of materials and in particular the seams etc. etc.

I have yet to see one "in-person". I'm hoping Santi might show at BTS ...?

Henrik

I've only seen Bob's, but I was very impressed with the workmanship. The cut is clever -- the arms are cut extended up over your head, so the suit simply doesn't bind when you're reaching for valves. I was actually thinking about buying one a few months back, before finances intervened. I had gotten tired of shoving the MK3 undergarment into the arms and legs of my early model Fusion.

I dove a loaner Evo 2 for a while to see if I liked it before I bought my Fusion. I feel I definetly made the right choice. However, a few dive buddies have since bought the new Pinnacle Black Ice and I would seriously consider that if I was in the market for a new suit today.

Anyone have experience / opinions with either the Fusion, Pinnacle Evolution 2, Whites Nexus suits?
I'm in the market for one now, leaning more towards the Pinnacle drysuit. I like the TLS 350, but not too enamored with the cost....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom