Anyone going or done any dive trips overseas recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When do you get your hip done? These things seem to go without much drama these days, good luck.

The yo-yo yeomen at the wheel of the USS Kittiwake off Grand Cayman salute you.

Attachments

• _B088104 the yo-yo yomen.jpg
    _B088104 the yo-yo yomen.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 60
HI Gert, I am trying to time it just right as I am having a house built at the moment so I am thinking I might get it done once the slab is down or wait till the end of the build around July. It's a bloody nuisance more than seriously painful and getting to sleep can be an issue but OK. The big thing is putting on socks and shoes and cutting my toenails. Alison told me to get stuffed when I asked her to cut them for me. So much for sickness and health!

As soon as practicable I will be back in Bali for a 10 day revival meeting with the underwater life.

Love the shot in the wreck amazing viz.

Djamal, DM of Misool Eco Resort, showed me how harmless the seakrait of Raja Ampat was. It swam right onto his hand.
View attachment 386680
Hi Dan, very interesting. I was diving in the Swains reefs off the barrier reef in the 80's, I was kneeling taking a photo of something when a sea snake swam between my legs up the front of me around my neck and swam off. I stayed very still as I know they are extremely venomous but with small teeth and not too aggressive. I have had them chase their image in the glass of my housing which is annoying.

Looking at some photo's today and it made me realise that some of the best dives I have had were under jetty's. The photo ops are good but there is something about them that gets to me.

I did a LOB dive trip to Milne Bay PNG in the 90's and when we got back my flight was delayed. The captain said I could stay onboard overnight. So I got my gear and dived on the harbours wooden pylons in about 5-10m. I ended up nearly in deco due to the hours I spent under there. It was one of my best dives ever.

Warm, clear, lot's to see and easy as! what more does a diver need?

If you are still interested in seeing pictures from the Philippines (or from Bali or Raja Ampat or many more destinations...) you may find some on my flickr-account: and_reni’s albums | Flickr . Feedback to improve is much appreciated. My next trip to Anilao is planned for April 2017. I can't wait to go..

Andreni: You really know how to hurt a guy. I was talking with a Phillipino the day before yesterday and talking about the diving there. Also, my partners boy and his girlfriend are going to the Philippines next month for work and were talking about taking a few days diving down south.

Will have a look at your site but I ain't the worlds best U/W photographer, only 40 years down there with a camera and I'm still useless.

Had a look at your trip to Lembeh as I have been there 5-6 times. Some excellent shots.

Last edited:
I love the Philippines (and also Indonesia): so many critters, very good price-value-ratio, friendly people and warm water.. Sometimes it takes quite some time to get to the nicest places but it is worth every minute..

I'm sure that this is not true (and your pictures prove the contrary) :).

Hey Ardy sorry to hear about the hip. Was in the Philippines for some diving this past January, Boracay, Puerto Galera, and Dauin. Loved Dauin--at least Apo Island--did some muck diving too but not all that exciting. Here's a few pics I took at Apo Island with my Olympus TG-3 with no housing or lite--just the flash. The TG-3 is a lot "tougher" than many think--I've taken it below 70 feet a few times and below 60 feet many times with no housing--no problems so far.
P1060008.JPG
P1060027.JPG
P1060030.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom