December Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On prior trips they've had coats in the hold in front of the captain they have pulled out for a divers who got chilled. I don't know if they have 3, 4 or 10 coats stuffed in there. Perhaps someone else can comment. If it is windy/chilly topside, as soon as I finish a dive and am back on the boat I shed all neoprene as soon as possible, dry off, and spend the SI in the sun. Those who get pretty chilled topside have usually left their wet suits on or kept them on from the waist down because they "feel" warm in the neoprene instead of biting the bullet and shedding it all.

Also, get yourself a tropic beanie. For years I thought beanies were for sissies (my wife has had one for years) and I wouldn't be caught dead in one. Then one trip it was chilly for several days and that was when I learned the power of the tropic beanie. These days I'll never go diving without one, even in 80 degree water. Buy it here as there are NONE to be found on the island and I looked everywhere... Only those nasty full hoods that crush my head are available on the island.

Here is a link to the one I bought - XS Scuba 2 mm Tropic Beanie

Best $20 I ever spent. 2MM on the head beats an extra 2MM thickness in a full suit any day. If ya do get one - first thing you do is put it on your head and put your finger at the back of your head where you think your highest point will be when diving depending on how you hold your head. Take a nail and heat it up with a lighter until it is hot hot hot and poke a hole through it at that point for a vent. Heck, poke a few. I know, it sounds crazy to burn vent holes in a perfect new beanie but if ya don't you'll be doing it after your first dive with it as it catches air bubbles from your reg. Pony at 3P's shop has lighters and poking utensils for just this sort of thing.
Concur with @deepsea21 regarding a tropic beanie-- A life changer. If you really want to make a fashion statement and make sure your dive buddy can pick you out in a crowd, then go with the one I have - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001L7Z6AU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
LOL! :)

Solo diver heading down Dec 19-25. Wife is coming with but we have a little one on the way so she can't dive. Trying (waiting to hear back) to reserve some time with Tres Pelicanos. Staying at Hotel Cozumel. Never been diving in Cozumel and really looking forward to it.

sobthomser + New diver taking open water......12/29/2017-1/3-2018...staying at an airbnb in town....diving with Eco Divers

If anyone wants to meet up and grab a drink let me know.

Member ............................................. Dates .................. Staying ...................... Dive OP

MMM....................................................All Winter..............House on 15th................Living Underwater
northernone + Various Family..............All Month..............25th Ave........................????????????
Ozarksman + Non Diving Wife..........11/26 - 12/10.........Park Royal.....................Blue XTSea gopbroek............................................12/3 - 12/12...........?????????????.............Tres Pelicanos GR8FUL.............................................12/3 - 12/9.............???????????.................??????????
Kixy1 + 2............................................12/8 - 12/16...........El Cantil..........................Living Underwater
ReefHound + watermonkee..............12/9 - 12/14...........Hotel Cozumel................??????????
Kevin and Karen James ...................12/9-12/22.............Iberosta...........................Dressel
Deepsea21 + Better Half...................12/9 - 12/24...........Casa Mexicana...............Tres Pelicanos
Flyboy(Paul) + Wife + Daughter........12/16 - 12/23........Occidental.......................Prodive
Basscat.............................................12/16 - 12/23.........Hotel Plaza Cozumel.....Blue XT Sea
Mr. & Mrs. Manfrenjensenden............12/17 - 12/25........Occidental......................Dive with Martin
JC & K................................................12/17 - 12/27....... Casa Mexicana..............Tres Pelicanos
jgaryclark…………………..…………12/19 – 12/25…...Hotel Cozumel……….....Tres Pelicanos
DogBowl & Hubby..............................12/19 - 12/26........Casa Mexicana..............Tres Pelicanos
Alan P, Wife and Daughter.................12/20-12/27..........Hotel Cozumel...............Tres Pelicanos
Trailboss(aka - Greg) + dive buddy....12/21 - 12/31........Suites Colonial...............Blue XT Sea
pfirejack……………………………….12/22 – 12/27…....Flamingo Hotel……...…Scubacraft Cozumel
Mikeycanuk + Wife + Son..................12/23 - 01/06.......Casa on 85th..................Aldora
Bluehaze……………………………...12/24 – 12/30…. Casa Mexicana………....Eco Divers
Dan G + 2 families .............................12/24 - 01/01 ..... Sabor ............................ Blue Angel & Blue Project
RayfromTX + Mrsmeaux....................12/24 - 01/06........Avenue 15......................Servando and Boat Du Jour
rmssetc + non-diving spouse............12/24 - 01/04........Casa Mexicana...............Liquid blue Divers
renalea + Husband............................12/25 - 12/30........Villablanca.......................Aldora
sobthomser + New diver OW cert....12/29 - 1/03..........airbnb in town..................Eco Divers
H2ODoc + Wife + 3 Kids...................12/30 - 01/06........Peninsula Grand............Aldora

OK, gear all checked and packed...T minus 7 days and counting,.....Great weather always follows me, so the week of the 16th will be pleasant and the diving fabulousious!

Are we arranging a mid-week meet and greet eatery?

Checking in!
I will be on the island Dec. 21-31 with my wife and daughter.
Diving with Tres Pelicanos.
Staying @Allegro 21-25, and @Casa Caribe 26-31
See y'all there! -Ethan

Back
Top Bottom