Best mobile apps (currently) to Log dives ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve been using Mac-Dive for the last couple years and the support has been excellent. I use the mobile and desktop versions and both will download directly from my Petrel 2.

it could also be interesting DIVEFRIENDS www.divefriends.net and try it is free! Is a new project!
Really, not ready for iOS but is very used from browser!
(the website is only language italy for now, next month is ready in english).

Have you asked Nick to implement the 2nd transmitter? He usually responds to emails at times you’d never expect, and has sent me beta versions of MacDive in a few cases.

There were already requests last summer on the Mac Dive forum. I posted myself about it about a month ago with no response as of maybe 2 weeks ago.

Some people here swear by Subsurface. However you need a pc or Mac to hand for that, there is work going on for a mobile version but I have no idea how long it will take. There is an android thing but I am not sure what it actually does.

There is a mobile version, i have been using it for a while, it is for both Android and iOS. I am using the Android version and the desktop/laptop version.

The mobile version does not have all the functionality of the desktop/laptop version, but it works well.

The mobile version can sync your DC either by OTG-USB or Bluetooth, on my latest trip i did only bring tablet and phone, no laptop, and it worked well.

I'm using Subsurface on Android and Windows. The Bluetooth Low Energy library they use is not functional on Windows, but is on Android. So, I download dives via my phone, then sync to their cloud, then edit the dives on my Windows desktop to add details to the dives.

I use Divemate. Have not had any problems with it downloading dives through Bluetooth from Perdix AI. I am on android.

Use Dive Log by moremobilesoftware on MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPhone. Like the Bluetooth synchronization across all devices. Easy to download from Suunto Cobra computer to MacBook and then sync with other devices.

Update: My MacBook wouldn't boot up for several days so I couldn't really check the name of the program I use on laptop. It is DiveLogDT. For my phone and iPad, it's just called DiveLog.

Had everything deleted from laptop (one of the processes to get it to start up), and when I reinstalled DiveLogDT, I was able to download the dive log backup file from the cloud and all of my dives are there!! I believe whenever I sync between MacBook and iPhone a backup copy is saved. Do all of the logbook apps do that?

Hello,

I would like to get some opinions. What are the best mobile apps (currently) to Log dives ?
I found a few posts here and in other forums, but a bit old.

I read about this ones:
DiveLog /DiveMate / MyDives /

But will love to get some points of view :)

Thanks !
I personally use both Diving Log on my PC and Dive Log on my IPhone. It is easy to use and synchronizes through DropBox. It supports a variety of computers. I have a Scubapro Mantis 2. I have not attempted to use it with my Suunto D9 yet, where I have a few of my dives logged.

Another vote for Mac Dive. I absolutely love how it functions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom