Desayunas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I meant to say 'encontrar el desayuno', to FIND breakfast. Point taken, and thank you for the information.
You're welcome. No point really - in my experience people who are trying to speak spanish are interested and trying to learn it and welcome the corrections

I don’t know when it opens in the morning (I don’t think it opens before 7:00 a.m., but I could be wrong), but I used to grab some pastries from the Zermatt Bakery on Ave 5, about a block north of Wet Wendy’s - ham and cheese rolls are good, as are their sweet rolls - the night before, and grab a small bottle of OJ from the OXO down the street. Then, when I woke in the morning, I’d make coffee in my room, or get it from the hotel lobby, depending on where I was staying, and have coffee, OJ, and the pastries from Zermatt for breakfast. Not exactly a big breakfast, but I need something on my stomach before diving, and that did the trick. Plus, I’m an early riser, usually wide awake by 5:30 or 6:00, and it’s hard to find anything but an OXO open then.
I'm liking the small bottle of OJ from OXO. I messed up in April and bought a carton of Floridas Natural from Mega for MXN 240. Miscalculated thinking $1.30. Nope. $13 dollars, hahaha. I drank it all. Thank you for for replying. We haven't tried the bakeries because we usually stay in places that have breakfast. Twice we did condos, and made our own sometimes. Thank you Dj!

Thanks for the Spanish lesson!
Since everyone is in a learning mode :) :wink:
#IloveChristi and #IlovetheChairman

Desayuno = Breakfast
Desayunar = The verb; to breakfast or "to have breakfast"- it can be conjugated accordingly:
Yo Desayuno cada dia = I have breakfast every day
Tu Desayunas cada dia:= You (singular and familiar) have breakfast each day
Usted Desayuna cada dia = You (singular and formal) have breakfast every day
Ustedes Desayunan cada dia = You (plural and formal) have breakfast each day
Nosotros Desayunamos cada dia = We have breakfast every day

We could go on on on. Spanish and Indonesian are the best languages ever, IMHO!

The breakfast at Casa Mexicana is pretty good and a key perk to staying there but it ain't worth $10usd in my opinion.

Personally, I feel like my air consumption is much better on an empty stomach than a full one.

Welp... “Encontrar el Desayuno” is not wrong, not wrong at all... but it’s like saying ‘find the breakfast’, where the intent is to find breakfast. So it’s a bit tricky.
I would say you are likely going to find the question being formulated more like:
a. ¿Donde sirven desayuno?
b. ¿Donde puedo ir a desayunar? just you... or a shorter way is ¿Donde puedo desayunar?
c. ¿Donde podemos ir a desayunar? 2 or more including you or a shorter way is ¿Donde podemos desayunar?

We looked and tried several places, can’t really say we’ve found one that we can highly recommend. The folks at “El Coffee Cozumel” do a pretty decent job, but it’s more like a bakery/pastry shop with really good cakes and nice coffee. They have some breakfast items like quiche and I believe they have a breakfast menu. We’ve made pit stops there, pressed for time... so I don’t really remember what’s on the menu.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Ricardo
PS: Ahhh... just remembered! The best breakfast we’ve had in Cozumel was made by a lady who was selling “Empanadas de Chaya”. She was catering to dive charter crew-staff right at the dock, locally referred to as the Muelle Aldora. Our captain got some Empanadas de Chaya for us, and after that, we first look for the lady... if she is not there, we head 1/2 block back to El Coffee Cozumel.

Cheers
Ricardo

Last edited:
The breakfast at Casa Mexicana is pretty good and a key perk to staying there but it ain't worth $10usd in my opinion.

Personally, I feel like my air consumption is much better on an empty stomach than a full one.
I don't like to eat too much, as in 'Diver's omelette full', but if I don't eat something, I will eat all the cake at SI, and I don't need that, lol.

I was born in Barranquilla Columbia, left when I was two, ergo, yo hablo bebe Espanol! It's not structured nor nuanced and makes most native speakers cringe! :D :D :D I would have asked: Donde esta el mejor desayuno? I should really take a Spanish class some day. I love breakfast. I truly do. I do love the breakfasts at Hotel Cozumel and it's included in the price. The only issue is that they don't have Horchata! I'm addicted to that.

If I dont go down to the marina early I will often walk over to Casa Mexicana and purchase a buffet. You have to go to the front desk to purchace it and they will give you areciept to show upstairs in the restaurant.The cost for the breakfast is a little high by local standards at $162 MXN ($8.12 USD) but I really like Santa's omelette s and the rest of the staff are very nice. Well worth the couple extra bucks to me.

We have a toaster and a fridge in the room, and we get peanut butter, strawberry preserves, bread, and OJ from Mega. PB and J sammich in paradise! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom