Apeks or Aqualung Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I decided on the XTX200 + XTX 40....

I went ahead and got two sets, one for me and one for the wife.

Great choice. I wish you many years and decades of safe and enjoyable diving!!

After reading many articles here and elsewhere, I decided on the XTX200 + XTX 40.

All the articles mentioned Apeks as being rock solid, ..
I assume the 1st stage is FSR while the primary 2nd stage is XTX200 and XTX 40 is the octo.

Apeks are indeed rock solid.

I assume the 1st stage is FSR while the primary 2nd stage is XTX200 and XTX 40 is the octo.

Apeks are indeed rock solid.

That's the set I bought. Presumably the FSR is standard with the XTX200, whether you opt for an octo as part of the set or not.
I ordered mine in around mid October, which arrived a few days later fresh off the press with a manufactured date of 5 Oct :) They seem to have toned down the chrome on the purge button on the newer ones so it’s a darker grey colour, which I prefer, but around the outside is still the shiny chrome.

That's the set I bought. Presumably the FSR is standard with the XTX200, whether you opt for an octo as part of the set or not.

Yes I believe that the XTX200 comes with the FSR by default. I had the option of the XTX50 as an octo but the price was much more expensive and I couldn't justify the difference. As I hope that octo will never be used and if it is the breathing adjustments won't really be the most important factor at that point.

Yes I believe that the XTX200 comes with the FSR by default. I had the option of the XTX50 as an octo but the price was much more expensive and I couldn't justify the difference. As I hope that octo will never be used and if it is the breathing adjustments won't really be the most important factor at that point.

I opted for the xtx40 for the same reasons.

After reading many articles here and elsewhere, I decided on the XTX200 + XTX 40. There were one or two articles stating that the ACD had got stuck on the first stage and that closed the idea of the Legends for me...

I also dive the FSR/XTX200 combo, with an XTX40 as backup on another FSR.
Really great pieces of gear, and you got them for a good price as well.
If you ever want to go on to doubles you have the option to get the 5th port upgrade for even more awesome hose routing, but if you're just diving singles it doesn't really add anything.
Happy diving!

I also dive the FSR/XTX200 combo, with an XTX40 as backup on another FSR.
Really great pieces of gear, and you got them for a good price as well.
If you ever want to go on to doubles you have the option to get the 5th port upgrade for even more awesome hose routing, but if you're just diving singles it doesn't really add anything.
Happy diving!

If you dive single tank with a long primary hose, as I do, the 5th port makes a difference.

If you dive single tank with a long primary hose, as I do, the 5th port makes a difference.

Same here, 5th port is most convenient when you use long primary even in single tank set up.

A little late to the conversation, but I was also interested in the AL Legend LX. Most recently the Apeks XL4+ has caught my eyes, not to mention well within budget. I am a new diver & just deciding what gear to put together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom