7' Hose Routing wo/ Canister?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don’t take this the wrong way but, why would you 3D print a dowel with a slot? Seems like a lot of wasted printer time to end up with a PLA or ABS cylinder.

Find a buddy with a mill.

Don't take this the wrong way but I don't understand the question? I'm not sure if you have a printer but it took about 2 min to set up, ~ 1.25 hours to print and it's done. I don't need to bother someone with a mill to spend their time working on my project. I don't need any additional weight, I like where all my weight is and this option worked great for me (although I wish it was a little longer, I'll probably print it again). Material wise it was less than .35 cents and with ~ 60% infill it's pretty durable. If you buy from Halcyon you end up with the same thing made of Delrin, if you get a mill to do it you get the same thing but it has some weight.

Multiple ways to skin a cat, it just depends on what works for you. The 3d printer worked for some of us and was a suggestion that I made. I think the milled way is beautiful and works for others. I think the idea is to gather multiple ideas / suggestions and use whatever works for YOU, the individual (lol). Hell if I didn't have a printer I might even try out a DIY PVC canister because I'm cheap, lol. Would also love to get a hold of a used canister just to keep keys in.

Just get a medium sized pouch and attach it to the belt in the place of the canister. . . .
I will get a canister light soon though and will use the pouch for something else then...

I used a zippered pouch for a long time until I got a canister light. Now, I feel something is missing if I don't have a canister there on my hip.

One could also just get a short piece of aluminium pipe, two hose clamps and a small loop of webbing just like the ones used in real canister lights. Then mount it similarly to a normal canister. No need to mill anything, all tools you need would be hacksaw and a piece of sandpaper to round the edges and a screwdriver to tighten the clamps.
You can even paint the thingy if you like and do nice engraving on the side and attach some stickers if you like

I used to thread a "small leather shoe-box" on the top of my head, and loop the light cord where ever seemed appropriate.

I used to thread a "small leather shoe-box" on the top of my head, and loop the light cord where ever seemed appropriate.

I don't get the reference, but I see you have made the joke before. Care to enlighten me?

Or more interstingly ....Monty Python.

...varying sizes...adds inches to hoses and about a foot to a seven foot long hose...So it doesn't pull when routed behind a canister or a knife or stick and pull out when it's tucked in.

There's nothing wrong with using an 8 foot long hose if it works for you and you have it in a streamlined configuration.

I'm petite and my 7 foot hose can pull out if I don't have the loop pulled back tight and down in my harness or if I've kept it too snug behind my neck and turn my head too much (looking for a wayward buddy). So I can see 7 feet being more challenging for someone a lot larger.

You can get custom length hoses. I order mine from Dive Right in Scuba (my other hoses are shorter than standard).

I love petite, and must apologise for the extra failure point but because I'm only a part time long hose afficionado
two hoses joined together at just under eight ft works nicely with the loose coils I prefer around my thickish neck.

I love Dive Right in Scuba, may buy a hose next time I buy a gallon of glue thanks.

Now tickle me pink, and who the heck knew it's small feet the're wailing about, I thought they were matchboxes.

I love petite, and must apologise for the extra failure point but because I'm only a part time long hose afficionado
two hoses joined together at just under eight ft works nicely with the loose coils I prefer around my thickish neck.

I love Dive Right in Scuba, may buy a hose next time I buy a gallon of glue thanks.

Now tickle me pink, and who the heck knew it's small feet the're wailing about, I thought they were matchboxes.
Loose coils around your neck???

Loose coils around your neck???

I'm still trying to figure out if he only comes on SB when he's drunk, if he's been punched in the face by one too many kangaroos, or if he actually thinks he's putting together coherent sentences, but I sure as hell can only decipher about 5% of his posts. That 5% generally has reasonable information. This is clearly not one of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom