7' Hose Routing wo/ Canister?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't take this the wrong way but I don't understand the question? I'm not sure if you have a printer but it took about 2 min to set up, ~ 1.25 hours to print and it's done. I don't need to bother someone with a mill to spend their time working on my project. I don't need any additional weight, I like where all my weight is and this option worked great for me (although I wish it was a little longer, I'll probably print it again). Material wise it was less than .35 cents and with ~ 60% infill it's pretty durable. If you buy from Halcyon you end up with the same thing made of Delrin, if you get a mill to do it you get the same thing but it has some weight.

Multiple ways to skin a cat, it just depends on what works for you. The 3d printer worked for some of us and was a suggestion that I made. I think the milled way is beautiful and works for others. I think the idea is to gather multiple ideas / suggestions and use whatever works for YOU, the individual (lol). Hell if I didn't have a printer I might even try out a DIY PVC canister because I'm cheap, lol. Would also love to get a hold of a used canister just to keep keys in.

I guess I should disclose that I’m spoiled with the tools at my disposal as I own a small prototype shop with multiple fab techniques at my disposal.

I would not use a 3D printer for such simple geometry, my mill would be faster and the final product stronger with more materials to chose from.

That’s just my $.02, take it for what it’s worth.

...two hoses joined together at just under eight ft works nicely with the loose coils I prefer around my thickish neck...

Wait, what? The hose is in coils around your neck? It of course should not go around your neck. Again we're back to whether your long hose is configured efficiently and safely.
Do you have a pic of your configuration?

I guess I should disclose that I’m spoiled.....

Yes.....I agree:wink:, would have been a good place to start. I'll trade my cheap $200 printer for your shop anytime!

Just get a medium sized pouch and attach it to the belt in the place of the canister. works well and is "DIR-allowed" as far as I know and you can even use it for carrying stuff :wink:
I keep wetnotes there and sometimes other small stuff which needs to be accessed easier than if it would be in the thigh pocket
+1 -- I just switched to this configuration myself. I bought the Halcyon Weighted Bellows Pocket (I dive with a Halcyon Infinity BP), and now just tuck the 7' hose under it. Also solved the 'where do I store things' issue; I keep a folding snorkel, wet notes, and a spool in mine by default.

Apologies if resurrecting my old thread is a nuisance, but I tried a new way of routing a 7' hose without a light canister on my last trip and it worked really well. I took the sheath for my medical shears and cut down 1" piece of PVC to fit inside. I secured the sheath on my right side with a plastic weight belt buckle. The PVC provided the added rigidity required and the hose never moved. The PVC and buckle cost < $5 total and worked better for me than the times I had simply stuffed the hose under my waste belt.

Thanks all.

Not sure I understand, the shears weren't stiff enough when they were in the sheath?

Like many others, I just run it under a small knife that I carry on my waist strap

Not sure I understand, the shears weren't stiff enough when they were in the sheath?

Cutting devices are not allowed in the National Park on Cozumel, so I took the shears out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom