7' Hose Routing wo/ Canister?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't use a canister light any more.
Just a tuck it into your belt. Then I have a hip D ring, clip your lift bag or reel on it and put it through the hose looped below your belt.
Works well, especially in the currents that I dive.

My latest iteration is to use a loop of 2 inch wide double sided strip of Velcro attached to the aft side of The fixed Dring on my right hip. It is on the aft side of the Dring to prevent hose trapping in case I need to do a left and right deco tank carry.

I am currently doing the Blue Hole Arch of Dahab Egypt and the shop is having us use AL80s for the deco tanks. I don’t like to left carry two AL80s since I am not using a scooter.

I also use a knife for that and i stuck the hose behind the sheath, works very well for me.

I've used a emt shears where the can light would be. Works great

I typically tuck my long hose in my belt, but it occasionally pulls out of place. Seeing the two holders, I am thinking of taking a piece of 3/4" PVC, cutting a slot and seeing how it works. I know I have some somewhere.

Wear your gun on your right hip, you can tuck it under that.

MERICA

Glock maritime cups FTW!

3d printed long hose retainer.

167621874_1205845226537496_6781332390159430160_n.png

3d printed long hose retainer.

View attachment 676048

LOL, I need to go out on a private boat, and do that on purpose. I have a Glock 17 and a Safariland retention holster that would probably handle it with few if any issues.

I typically tuck my long hose in my belt, but it occasionally pulls out of place. Seeing the two holders, I am thinking of taking a piece of 3/4" PVC, cutting a slot and seeing how it works. I know I have some somewhere.

I am curious. How would you go about cutting the slot so that there is still pvc above the slot? Would you drill a hole big enough for a small blade to fit through and then just cut down?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom