Fire on safari boat Suzana in Egypt (Red Sea Aggressor)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did once do a project in an aircraft maintenance hanger. We were told it would fill with 6 feet of foam in 10 seconds if the system triggered. Felt it best not to investigate the accuracy of the statement.

:giggle: OTOH those CGI'ed endless corridors of servers you see in teevee commercials, you gotta be a real fast runner. On the gripping hand, the only way to power a place like that is to put it right on top of a nuclear power plant, so if there's a fire there... hypoxia might the better alternative.

:giggle: OTOH those CGI'ed endless corridors of servers you see in teevee commercials, you gotta be a real fast runner. On the gripping hand, the only way to power a place like that is to put it right on top of a nuclear power plant, so if there's a fire there... hypoxia might the better alternative.
17mpebbhj38ijjpg.jpg

Comforting to know they weren't just messing with us :)

I'm starting to like the small exploding ball of dry powder more and more....

Comforting to know they weren't just messing with us :)

I'm starting to like the small exploding ball of dry powder more and more....
This is a crazy guy with a crazy video setting several off, taking them apart, etc.

Thanks.
No recollection of colors, but matches my recollection in every way otherwise (2016), including the slightly raised (wooden slat) lips (presumably so things do not slide down too easily) and including towels and t-shirts that I removed from on top of my chargers / camera multiple times...
Does anyone recall any fire extinguishers nearby?

Does anyone recall any fire extinguishers nearby?
Typically no one puts fire extinguishers out on deck, they tend to rot and become unusable quite quickly.

A long time ago, I worked in a restaurant. There was a fire and the automatic powder based extinguisher system went off while we were in the kitchen. It was quite dramatic and completely put out the fire. It took days for us to clean up the mess, but we were all alive.

Not sure what type the engine room fire suppression system is on our dive boat. But, the canister is huge relative to the engine compartment.

Back
Top Bottom