So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With time currently on my hands I’ve been messing around with scanning some old 35mm slides I took. Here are a couple I took with photo equipment data if anyone is interested.

VICTORIA FALLS - ZIMBABWE - 1985
[Pentax KX 50mm lens - Kodachrome 64 Film]

RUSKgp.jpg

KLEIN BONAIRE - 1978
[Nikon F2 Photomic with 16mm Rectilinear Fisheye in Oceanic Hydro 35 Housing and SubSea 150 Strobe - Ektachrome 64 Film]

45yqM2.jpg

Walmart’s the grossest place I can think of.

I don’t like Walmart’s business model one bit. First off, it’s nothing more that an outlet store for China to dump cheap goods onto the American economy.

I guess I misunderstood your reference to "grossest." In this moment I thought you meant cleanliness as opposed to a general comment concerning Walmart's economic model. Big difference in the current environment. In many rural areas Walmart is what there is (right or wrong/good or bad) and I applaud the workers that continue to show up and do their jobs in this trying time. Life would be much worse without them. The same goes for many others in their day to day jobs. Sorry for derailing the thread. Carry on...

I don’t like Walmart’s business model one bit. First off, it’s nothing more that an outlet store for China to dump cheap goods onto the American economy. They come into a small town and put all the other places out of business with cheap prices. When all the employees of the other business are out of work including the former store owners they offer them all jobs for poverty wages. When it all catches up and the town grinds down economically because of a low wage bottleneck, they decide the store isn’t profitable enough and they shut it down leaving the town in ruin.
I also believe that much of the merchandise they carry is not first run stuff, I think it’s seconds and inferior crap.
Their business model is not sustainable long term.
To me it’s a store that thrives on poverty, and that in itself is disgusting.

Without joking at all, the final for my Current Issues/Government class senior year of high school was a round room debate where we had to all take roles of different trades, companies, organizations, and people in Walmart's chain of management (from the family to workers) and debate on whether or not Walmart is good for America.

Will note though that that high school was in a relatively middle-class area that we moved to after living in the middle of nowhere in the South. There, my mom had to break from her refusal to buy anything made in China because Walmart was all there was.

In the other life updates, nothing's changed for me except now I gotta deal with the echoey crap of Zoom lectures and homework again. Starting to wonder if I should pray to the technology gods for a day where there are no technical issues

With time currently on my hands I’ve been messing around with scanning some old 35mm slides I took. Here are a couple I took with photo equipment data if anyone is interested.

View attachment 578116

KLEIN BONAIRE - 1978
[Nikon F2 Photomic with 16mm Rectilinear Fisheye in Oceanic Hydro 35 Housing and SubSea 150 Strobe - Ektachrome 64 Film]

View attachment 578117
Wow, look at that coral

We baked oatmeal cookies and slo cooked pull pork...we fed three neighbors as well.

View attachment 578116

KLEIN BONAIRE - 1978
View attachment 578117

That must of been a bitch getting through that surf.

I've a gay friend who claims he loves being visited by nice clean-cut mormon boy couples. To which usually someone else responds "jpeg or it didn't happen", and our friend changes the subject.

Watch a Christian school these two lads on their bikes.....

Back
Top Bottom