1st Reg Hog or Epic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flaucher

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking to get my first set and want to get an opinion on whether I should go ahead full HOG - pardon the pun or use the Epic's as my training wheels. - great deal this week on the epic edge 230 or so with octopus is effecting my decision.

Thanks for input

Gary

Where do you see yourself in 1 to 2 years ?
If you see yourself doing alot of dives, go HOG. It may cost a little more now, but you will only have to purchase it one time.

Jim Breslin

I just bought my first set of regs and they were HOG! Breathe better than anything i've tryed so far in my limited time diving!

I would go HOG again with two of their second stages. We just set my gal up with a set using a five foot hose and one of them as a bungeed backup. That will be what she uses when getting certified this month.

You also need to consider what tanks you will be using. HOG regs are designed for the tech oriented market and as such come only in DIN. If you will be traveling and using yoke valves you'll need an adapter. Not a big deal to me but it may be to some. My plan is to replace all my regs with HOG over the next two years. Only 6 more to go.

Not sure what the advantage of the Hog over the Edge unless you are looking at the Hog cold. That Edge reg is probably going to last you a long time unless you start diving cold.

You also need to consider what tanks you will be using. HOG regs are designed for the tech oriented market and as such come only in DIN. If you will be traveling and using yoke valves you'll need an adapter. Not a big deal to me but it may be to some. My plan is to replace all my regs with HOG over the next two years. Only 6 more to go.

Piranha has a HOG yoke 1st stage.

First Stages Piranha Dive Manufacturing

I forgot people dive something other than DIN :shocked2:

Yes, that is the balance piston. The OG D1 first stage is only available in DIN...unless you convert it or use a yoke adapter :wink:
Is there a web link to the conversion kit that is available? I assume it is a somewhat universal kit to convert it to yoke?

I forgot people dive something other than DIN :shocked2:

Is there a web link to the conversion kit that is available? I assume it is a somewhat universal kit to convert it to yoke?

Same kit as a few other regs on the market :wink: If you really need yoke

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom