1st Reg Hog or Epic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After emailing Dive Right and CERICH (from Edge) I went with a pair of Edge Epic's for me and my daughter.
Can't pass on the sale price - now I don't want to wait until they are ready June 10th- Hope there are no delays.
Thanks for the input everybody

Gary

What advice was it that swayed you toward the Epic set?

I'm looking to start buying gear on a budget (of course, who isn't?), and I'm looking at Edge/HOG. I'm a beginning diver, so no immediate plans for any technical stuff or anything. It doesn't look like the Epic set is all that much cheaper than a full HOG set with two second stages, so the choice isn't too clear.

The Epic set comes with the hoses (nylon braided) and a reg bag. It is quite the value.

Ah, I guess it is less expensive when you factor in hoses and bags.

That said, does the HOG D1 still offer any advantages over the Epic for a beginning diver? Would the D1 be considered a step up?

Ah, I guess it is less expensive when you factor in hoses and bags.

That said, does the HOG D1 still offer any advantages over the Epic for a beginning diver? Would the D1 be considered a step up?

The HOG D1 is a better performer, but nothing you would ever notice as a rec diver. I guess you could argue that the D1 is more future proof, that said I personally am using HOGs on my tech set and Epics when I teach recreational courses.

Unless you get the shop to set up a set of HOG be aware they come in a format designed for the tech diver. Not "matched" and no hose. The EPIC comes as a set.

Where do you see yourself in 1 to 2 years ?
If you see yourself doing alot of dives, go HOG. It may cost a little more now, but you will only have to purchase it one time.

Jim Breslin

I just bought my first set of regs and they were HOG! Breathe better than anything i've tryed so far in my limited time diving!

I would go HOG again with two of their second stages. We just set my gal up with a set using a five foot hose and one of them as a bungeed backup. That will be what she uses when getting certified this month.

Me, too! Go HOG . . you won't regret it!
HOG Gear D1 Regulator Set - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

I'm going to buy another as soon as I resusitate my Credit Card! :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom